Making my own Weapons

Any game you like to mod, come talk about it here!!

Moderators: Forum Administrator, Administrator

Making my own Weapons

Postby scottman85 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:44 am

This question concerns Armada 1. I need some help making and moding weapons. I have followed the West Worlds Big Book of Modding that I downloded from this site as close as I could, but every time I add a weapon ,that I have created, to a ship it doesn't work. When I go into armada 1 and try to build the ship that I added the weapon to, the game freezes and then shuts down. Why is this? Is there somthing that I am supposed to do or add that isn't mentioned in the modding guide? Any help that anyone could give me would be very appciated. Thank you.
scottman85
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Postby iOSYS » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:14 am

Hello!

Well, your problem is quite common among modding. there are a few simple, easily over-looked mistakes that might have been made that could cause this; one is that the weapon file name is different from the weapon name you attached to the ship. for instance if you call a weapon "fphaser1,odf" and in the ships file call it "fphaser" it will cause the gamer to crash after the ship is built. there could also be a syntex error in the weapon odf files. Check over the weapon file, the include file, and the ordinace file for any discrepencies there might be. Armada also only suports file names with less than 8 letters, if the weapon name is more than 8 characters, it will not consider it a weapon, and if the ship has a null weapon value, it will crash after it is built, thats the same reason why if the names are different, it will crash. If none of these work, post all the modded odf files and I will take a look to see what might be wrong.

Hope it works out for you...
iOSYS
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Making my own Weapons

Postby cecilzero1 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:33 am

scottman85 wrote:This question concerns Armada 1. I need some help making and moding weapons. I have followed the West Worlds Big Book of Modding that I downloded from this site as close as I could, but every time I add a weapon ,that I have created, to a ship it doesn't work. When I go into armada 1 and try to build the ship that I added the weapon to, the game freezes and then shuts down. Why is this? Is there somthing that I am supposed to do or add that isn't mentioned in the modding guide? Any help that anyone could give me would be very appciated. Thank you.

why dont u post ur odf and we can see what errors u made :)
cecilzero1
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Postby halo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:59 pm

All of us here at armada fleetcommand want to help you but it would be much easier if you posted what files ur modding and what odfs ur using first off dont try to reinvent the weeel these are the basics
copy the odf u want to use(example.odf) then copy the ordince odf (exampleo.odf) if u want the wepon to work dont mess with the class labels until u get the hang of what weapon ur moding has to offer if ur going to add a special dont forget to add its name to the tech1.tt file (example.odf 0) and if it has a new sprite(weapon tga) change/add this to your weapon.spr (example example1 0 0 256 251)
the first line is what your wepon is going to call upon in the weapon.spr (example.odf/weapon sprite)then dont forget to if your going to make a wepon texture to add the file name into the weapon spr like abovely stated. if you need hands on help msn me or email me and ill try to help in any way i can

sincerly
halo
halo
Ensign
Ensign

Return to General Modding Discussion