Stawars EAW: A New Republic

Any game you like to mod, come talk about it here!!

Moderators: Forum Administrator, Administrator

Stawars EAW: A New Republic

Postby ryan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:05 am

Right I have decided to make a mod for EAW cause I feel it has a great deal of potential and I fancied a change for the games I was modding before.

The mod is currently called: A New Republic but the title may change at any time it's just I am just too lazy to think up a better one at the moment.

It is going to be set soon after episode 6 and starts with the fledgling new republic and what is left of the empire battling for control of the galaxy. I do not care about the semi-cannon and fan fiction written for this era I am planning on choosing bits I like and some stuff that me and whatever people who support the project can make up, ie we are using full artistic licence so long as the story flows on from the 6 films as seemlessly as possible. As you can see this is a pretty vague specification to allow for new ideas from anyone who has them.

Now I will be needing a few modders, preferably skinners/texturers and modellers as I ain't brilliant in these areas and I know I won't be able to do all that work alone, to help with the project. If you aren't a modder and you want to help I am sure i can find something for you to do Smiley even if it means me teaching you a couple of things personally (oh dear I've put my foot in it now ) so you can help with some of the things that would take ages for one modder to do alone.

Now if you want to help post in this thread to tell me or contact me by msn: r202156@hotmail.com

I already have a section open on a general discussion/sci-fi forum which I will use for the project so you can have a look at that if you want but like this project that section is a blank slate at this time but in the future it may become quite busy.

(permission to post this link was granted by MajorPayne)
http://www.phoenixgalacticalliance.com/ ... n=forum#13

Thank you for your time.
AdmarilRyan
Last edited by ryan1 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby MajorPayne » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:08 am

I would also like to point out that whilst giving permission for this, this doesn't give anyone else rights to post all manner of links.

Aside from that, I'm offering support for this and will probably lend a hand, and I would appreciate anyone who's interested giving us a shout either here on via the link provided in Ryans posting.
MajorPayne
Forum Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Postby ryan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Thankyou MajorPayne your support is most welcome
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby ryan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:29 pm

Ok some of the features I would like to include/things I would like to change

Spacebattles:

More Ships with better models and Textures (I think this is obvieous but well I had to say it anyway.

Rebalence and Rescale: I want to have Capital ships and fighters small. I am not after cannon scale but a more realistic scaling for ships and physics. I also want fighters to be a little more realistic is strength and number, I think they should be in much larger squadrons but with much less impact on capital ships although they are much much less cheaper.

Heros: New heros will have various veseals ranging from fighters to stardestoyers. Also more minor heros for space battles.

Groundbattles:

Again rebalence and rescale of all units, infantry are cheap swarms of troops rather than effective units, they are good for screening heavier units and over powering lighter vericals.

Jedi and Sith: Obveious, ranging from minor to major heros, maybe in small squads.

Other:

Campaigns and galactic conquests will be remade for the change in era

of course these are just my ideas
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby uss_capital » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:08 pm

MajorPayne wrote:I would also like to point out that whilst giving permission for this, this doesn't give anyone else rights to post all manner of links.

Aside from that, I'm offering support for this and will probably lend a hand, and I would appreciate anyone who's interested giving us a shout either here on via the link provided in Ryans posting.

you can expect it now major , when you tell them to change what is posted they will say one rule for one and one rule for the rest (no offence intended in any way)
uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby ryan1 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:57 am

I asked in advance and had the link approved before posting

but this is not the point of this topic
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby MajorPayne » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 am

USS_Capital. Your forgetting one thing. I've already posted my own EaW project and just because I dont' have my own forum or website it makes little difference. This is also different simply because I'm going to be helping anyway.
MajorPayne

Postby uss_capital » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am

i ment you will always get links posted by new members etc to other forums , i ment nothing by it :wink:
uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Postby MajorPayne » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:06 pm

I know. Don't worry. I don't take offence to such things.
MajorPayne

Postby ryan1 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 pm

uss_capital wrote:i ment you will always get links posted by new members etc to other forums , i ment nothing by it :wink:

Just to mention In have being here since last june, I just don't like posting on every forum I go on too much.

but once again back to the point, would anyone like to assist in this endeavour?
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Elrond » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:56 am

Wow didn't notice this topic till well, just now.

I hadn't noticed that this new section had opened up on that site lately either LoL. I'll give whatever help I can. You have my sword. *Anyone for you have my bow, and my axe?* :lol:

* Goes to open files sectino and image gallery for it. *
Rumors of my exaggeration have been greatly assimilated. Well what, wait, um...yeah.
Elrond
Commodore
Commodore

Postby ryan1 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:10 am

Thanks Elrond
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Elrond » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:23 am

No prob, Bob, I mean Ryan. :lol:
Rumors of my exaggeration have been greatly assimilated. Well what, wait, um...yeah.
Elrond
Commodore
Commodore

Postby ryan1 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:09 pm

Well I have made a crude staff list, the quicker this fills up the better though

Staff list:

Project Leader and Head Producer: Ryan (AdmarilRyan/ryan1)
Coders: none
Art Department (modelling, skinning ect.): none
Extra Staff + Positions: MajorPayne (unoffical advicer) Elrond (forum admin)

I will add things like mappers and storyline writters when they come avalible to me and relevent to the project.
ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Postby Elrond » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:54 pm

So far we need a banner. Definitely need to get that art department together sometime.
Elrond
Commodore
Commodore

Next

Return to General Modding Discussion