SWEaW/FoC project in the works.

Any game you like to mod, come talk about it here!!

Moderators: Forum Administrator, Administrator

SWEaW/FoC project in the works.

Postby MajorPayne » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Okay so hands up those that remember the Armada 1 project "Wing Commander: Invasion".

Well over the past.........8 months or so.......I've been slowly working on a much newer and up-to-date version of this project. However, Armada 1 is not the projects target game this time. This time, Star Wars Empire at Wars expansion (Forces of Corruption), is getting the make over. Currently, the Confederation side is working to alpha status and I'm working my way slowly through the Kilrathi side (remembering that with the original A1 project the Kilrathi never made an appearance even though at least two of their capital ships were placed into A1 as test subjects, but never got into the publics hands). Unfortunately, because I'm using stock material for the most part, the capital ships are tending to need complete or partial overhaul and this is taking the longest amount of time.

Anyway, for those that are interested, further information and ingame and renders of the ships that are currently done, I've set up my own MODDB profile: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wing-commander-invasion

Now if theres any purists on the forum, please note that alot of the models will have some non-canon mesh editings applied. This is for the reason of the mod, and not to stick to any WC storyline in particular.
MajorPayne
Forum Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Postby MajorPayne » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 pm

........and so on with the mod. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion the bit I hate about modding is the coding of units. Its always struck me as something of a big pain in the backside having to trawl over the amount of files necessary to get a decent amount of ships into the game. Then theres the code debugging (oh how I loathe it so!!!)
MajorPayne

Return to General Modding Discussion