1.2.5 Patch & StarGate Armada - StarGate Rise To Power M

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: Forum Administrator, Administrator

1.2.5 Patch & StarGate Armada - StarGate Rise To Power M

Postby jetnova16 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:21 pm

I am starting to notice a few errors with my Star Trek Armada II Mod - StarGate Armada - StarGate Rise To Power mod and it is using Vanilla Ultimate 2.0 and also the Fleet Ops.'s Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch.

Here Are The Issues:
First: Ok, in the game the game runs fine, so I know that the issues that I am about to report aren't related to Game Play or at least not directly. I say this because the Max Buildable # is showing up in the game. That would only be there if the Patch was/is working.

1) When ever the game crashes though, I am not getting any Bug Reports at all. Nothing even shows up in the main directory for the game. (Note: the mod is being created in a folder on my desktop though.)

2) As stated before, the Map Editor won't launch on its own at all. I can only start an Instant Action game and then launch the Map Editor from inside the game.

3) I am using the Replace Weapon Code to instead of building StarGate, to have a Seeder Ship (think StarGate Universe and the ships that were sent out before the Destiny).

Here is the Seeder Ships ODF File:

anseeder.odf
Code: Select all
removed ODF File Since Error is fixed - done to save room on the forum :)

In the Weapons for this ship you may have noticed that two (2) other Seedable StarGates are commented out. That is because the Milkyway StarGate that can be seeded is crashing the game on loading for the Ancients. I know that it is this weapon (which exists in my game) because I commented all of those Seedable gates out and the game loaded.

I have been trying to figure out why this is the case. I know that I am not replacing the ship that seeds the StarGates, in the end, there is to be a StarGate and the Seeder ship is also still intact and NOT REPLACED. (Note: I am modeling this Special Weapon on a Klingon Fighter Special Weapon in my Star Trek Armada II Spanning The Generations Mod that leaves both the Carrier and the Fighters. This crash doesn't happen in that game.)

Here are the Seedable StarGates ODF Files. (I have been editing gStarGatem.odf to fix this problem with no results)

gStarGatem.odf

gStarGatepeg.odf

I would appreciate any help on this problem that I have just reported.
Being able to build the StarGates just doesn't seem right knowing that the Seeder Ships build them inside themselves and then deploy them. The Special Weapon that I am creating is supposed to simulate this effect/idea.
Last edited by jetnova16 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Postby jetnova16 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Does anyone know why this weapon that I posted above crashes the game?

The following weapon is based on the one above and the one that it is modeled after but is for my Star Trek Armada II Spanning The Generations Mod. This weapon works just fine and doesn't crash the game at all, but then again, the 1.2.5 Patch is working just fine in this mod and I do get Bug Reports. The Star Trek Armada II Spanning The Generations Mod is actually my main install for Star Armada II! :)

The following weapon launches the NX-Era Shuttlepod from the NX-class starship and its refit. It works perfectly fine! The only thing is it launches one shuttle instead of the desired two, that might be because of a commented out set of code though.

gshuttle.odf

As I stated in my first post, this is based on a Special Weapon for launching Klingon Fighters. Here is the original ODF file:

gkfighters.odf
Last edited by jetnova16 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Postby jetnova16 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 am

Well I think that I may have solved some of these issues.
Here is what I have solved:

1) The Map Editor now works by executing it outside of any Instant Action game.

2A) Yesterday, I revised my Wraith Darts launching weapon. Now it doesn't launch darts as "drones" instead it is using the Replace Weapon coding. Yes, the exact same coding that wasn't working for the StarGate Seeding special weapon.

2B) I believe that the StarGae Seeding special weapn should now work as well.

Here what isn't working:

1) I am still not getting any Bug Reports, but that might be related to just the Tau'ri crash on loading. Which has now caused my computer's desktop to revert back to its old "Black Screen Error"

Here is an image of what I mean by this error:

And this is what a Normal Background (what the background is supposed to look like). This image is from a Japanese movie entitled Yo-Yo Girl Cop and is the actress Aya Matsuura as Asamiya Saki.

For the problems that I have stated that I have fixed, the reason that they weren't working WERE RELATED to the Fleet Ops' Patch Project, the 1.2.5 Patch. For some reason the patch never took affect the first time it was installed. That might have something to do with renaming the Armada II Executable program, the .exe file. Tried reinstalling the 1.2.5 Patch after finding out that "The Max Buildable #" coding wasn't showing up in the game (unlike it does with my Star Trek Armada II - Star Trek Spanning The Generations Mod) so I realised the patch itself was at fault. The Map Editor launcher that I reported as not working before was the one put into the game by the 1.2.5 Patch.

So now the only problems that I am having are:

1) The Tau'ri are still crashing for some unknown reason and I am not getting any Bug Reports for this crash.

2) The above reported "Black Screen Error" (which I have also reported having at times with the Star Trek Spanning The Generations Mod).

3) Of course, there are the other minor crashes that I haven't mentioned that I hope will give Bug Reports when they happen.

3) EDIT-ADDITION: I ran a minor test with a race that I haven't made an AI for unlike the Ori where I did make one but the Ori AI that I made won't play. There was a Bug Report for this force created crash and the Bug Report stated that the AI was infact the problem but this wasn't fo the Tau'ri that caused the above "Black Screen Problem" - Note see the picture underneath that for a "Normal Background Screen Shot.

NOTE: Did some minor editing with my Photo Bucket Account, the images will come back if the error happens again...
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Return to General Modding