(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Galaxies MOD; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9b) !UPDATED!

Post by thunderchero »

ZeroChance wrote:I noticed something last night playing a sp game, Tethys. I couldn't select individual ship orders for combat. If I clicked on "Select Ship" the dropdown menu would give me only retreat and hail options. Selecting the whole group all tactical options are present.
That is how the command and control fix was ment to be. to use single ship commands have 1 command ship in battle with the other ships.

but there is an option to remove this.

thunderchero
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

thunderchero wrote:
ZeroChance wrote:I noticed something last night playing a sp game, Tethys. I couldn't select individual ship orders for combat. If I clicked on "Select Ship" the dropdown menu would give me only retreat and hail options. Selecting the whole group all tactical options are present.
That is how the command and control fix was ment to be. to use single ship commands have 1 command ship in battle with the other ships.

but there is an option to remove this.

thunderchero
This is what I get for being away for over a year... way too much catching up to do! I really like that feature, now that I know it's a feature! :)
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

Hey Tethys,

cant build energy intel and research structures at a new colony!

only food and production is available.

play with dominion start at 3.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I did an experiment with their structures. I thought maybe it would disallow our minor race buddies from having > tech 1 level buildings, which it did, but they just went on to use other (random) classes of structure (Fed Borg etc). I think Im going to have to 'break' all tech 2-9 main structures, change them from Main (intel food etc) give them 0 population cost and disable built by races. That will also be an experiment, so be prepared for it lol

A fix (if you want to break MP games) is to download DCER's UE (latest version) and change starting technology for the Dominion on level 3-5 by clicking the check boxes next to their level 1 Intel Energy and Science main buildings. An easier way to do it (but may have undesirable results, as buildings aren't perfect yet) would be to click the Auto Set All button in the starting technology menu. What this does is scans the building list and takes away buildings that do not belong and allows buildings that do belong. As many of the structures are 'in progress' you might find a Ferengi building when playing Borg, or something like that.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

you dont want to fix it?

so u cant play with the dominion
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

GALM is moving towards a different upgrade system with buildings as well as ships. This is to minimize tedious tasks of upgrading 10 levels of farms to get new colonies up to par with established colonies quicker, and get them producing for the empire quickly. This is also why new colonies start with a ton of industry and food. I will fix it, but remember that right now the mod is only 1/3 of what it will be when its complete.
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

wow 1/3 complete so we have to wait 2 years till it is complete? :twisted:

i mean only the fix with no energy intel and research buildings for the dominion. untill this is fiexed u cant play the mod.

when is the next release intended?
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

I would also like to point out that this is for all races on tech 3. I feel it might have something to do with the tier 1 upgrade placements in the build list. On tech 4 start tier 1 upgrades are not in the structures list but tier 2 upgrades are available to build. Also klingons have duplicate hall of learning building in new systems on t4 start as well. Not sure about other starts though. However if played from early starts the empires don't seem to have any of these problems.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
botf99
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by botf99 »

are you still working on this mod?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9b)

Post by Tethys »

Yes this mod is still in development, just tying up some loose ends but you can expect 0.3.0 to be out very soon ;)
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.9b)

Post by Tethys »

Well here it is... Unfortunately, I was hoping to get the Borg GUI completed as well as 1024 in, but I've not invested much time in either. This is mainly a ship stat/model/experimental update, before I continue any further with GUI work and stuff like that. Enjoy :D

Many changes have taken place in this mod. There are mainly 4, and of the four, 3 alter gameplay quite a bit. This is the direction I have taken and I would like it tested out before proceeding further with the developments.
  • 1. Credits have been converted to Deuterium, or DT Units. It functions the same as credits, and any deuterium/mining either gives a bonus to DT extraction (old % credits) or Alloy (see #4). DT Units either go to the Reserves (total DT) or your Pool (DT income/surplus).

2. Ships and stations NO LONGER have a population support cost, but the Maintenance Cost is now directly influenced by how much Deuterium you mine. More deuterium rich systems (Gas giant & Y class) you have the bigger fleet you will be able to support. Maintenance Costs are 10% of ship cost with exception to upgrades of the same class (Excelsior, Miranda, etc), where the previous Maint. Cost will be used. Scrapping ships brings in 0 income. Zero. Scrapping buildings may produce some income (iirc, 25%). Stations Maint. Cost are 10% of cost regardless of upgrades.

3. Shipyards for all races (NOT including Borg) require Alloy (see #4) in order to be constructed and produce ships. Many other buildings do as well. Adds strategic value to the future of the Alloy resource. You may also notice playing as Dominion, there becomes a Dominion shipyard available at around Tech 8, but its not buildable. This is a failed feature that will hopefully be fixed when the upgradable special building mod is completed. It will allow the Dominion to build ships in all systems, regardless of Alloy content (at Tech 8 ).

4. Dilithium has been renamed to Alloy, and has a 1/4 chance of appearing on the map in any given system, excluding home systems and minors with Alloy. This is a pre-feature that will be fully implemented when its found out how to convert Dilithium to a resource that affects ship constructions. The idea behind the Alloy is that it is mined by the Megaton (MT), since most ships can be constructed with anywhere between 1 and 5 megatons of Alloy. It is intended as a future feature, and thus does not impact gameplay greatly at this time.
Other things:
The Dominion are playable again.
Main buildings have no upgrades, minors do not build them either. Tier upgrades are split. All are available at Tech 9, however 2 are empire wide bonuses (to cut back on buying them in every one of your 100 systems), and 3 are still only local (system) upgrades which have to be built in every one of your 100 systems (yay).
New ship models, Fed Immense Class, Fed/Maquis Peregrine Class, smaller Fed/Maquis Ju'Day class, Fed Sensor Pod, Klingon Mave'Q, Borg Transwarp Conduit (transwarp capable, most Borg ships do not transwarp without it, uses the Calmarian/Gaseous model for now).
Weapon stats for Feds reworked.
Dominion start as Cardassian at Tech 1 (2240) and by Tech 10 (2350) they will be rolling out Dominion designs.
Outposts and Starbases have been given +1 more territory to 'fill the gaps'.
Added Outpost III for Feds, same as Spacedock class but not as many weapons, same model and tech requirements.

AI tweaks:
AI research bonus per difficulty level 50% per level above Simple?
AI income bonus per difficulty level ? per level above Simple?

Known bugs:
Player cannot sign alliances. Cause unknown still under investigation (but why do you need an Alliance anyway??? ;))
Random events such as Rogue/Planetary collision might be written wrong causing wrong values to be displayed. Can be fixed in a future update (after locating the ones that actually occur).
Romulan Heavy Warbird is 1,400 industry when it should be 14,000, Ship Dt support is correct at 1,400. (FIXED in 0.3.0a)

Code fixes:
A few I cant remember off the top of my head. Thanks SCT, QD, Flocke, Tc, Anjel and everyone who downloaded the mod hope you enjoy this version :mrgreen:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.3.0 (Major Update)

Post by Tethys »

Updated :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Just have started a game, tech2 fed, so far like it very much and interesting invention with the ressources :D
Going through tech database I found a minor fault, fed outpost III and starbase are exchanged, if I find more I'll make a list.
continue my game now, didn't play in a long time :o
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Check the ship stats on the Fed Outpost III and Spacedock, its there for a reason ;)

Also, I think you will like it better from Tech 1, but thats just my preference. Although all levels are good to start at (shipwise) :D
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

okay, but visually it doesn't make sense
a bit big for an outpost ;)

oh I will not try tech1, and I should have gone for a small map rather than large :lol:
the mod is great, but it's all about mass colonization for the beginning and I hate to handle 100 systems or so
what I find good is that with 500% ship build bonus with utopia planitia, home system finally has use
so I'm using home system to build combat ships, one good 2nd system to buy colony ships and the rest for research, intel and money
a second or third special building only to be build once with a bit less ship build bonus and only available on special conditions, not homesystem, could be interesting too I think :)
but a very good mod for huge epics, agreed :o

Return to “Galaxies MOD”