Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Post by thunderchero »

robertbc73 wrote:Wouldn't I be having the same problem in all the BOTF versions then?
maybe? does other versions have 1024 patch installed? also have they been installed since problem started?

could you attach a screenshot of issue. also system info might help. I am guessing windows 7 but what video? also what monitor.

your problem with 1366 x 768 sounds like that resolution is not supported.
Irenicusjd
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Irenicusjd »

Is it normal that ships dont auto-upgrade?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Irenicusjd wrote:Is it normal that ships dont auto-upgrade?
all ships should auto upgrade expect Explorer IV (Galaxy to Sovereign)
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

I always wished they had a command for the starbase to upgrade ships. Sometimes you just want to have some older designs that you can't build or keep once the upgrade happens.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
Boar25
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boar25 »

Can you still do the "trek.xe -MUDD" in the shortcut to allow F9, F10, F11 cheats?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Boar25 wrote:Can you still do the "trek.xe -MUDD" in the shortcut to allow F9, F10, F11 cheats?
hope this explains how to set up command line (Mudd)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509#p47019
spirit464
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by spirit464 »

Hey everyone, is there any change log for V2.5? Is it actually really, only the headline of this post tells something about V2.5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dafedz never updated readme or posted detail on version 2.5

but major change to update was to 1024 x 768 and when all in one was created it was adapted to have option for 1366 x 768.

I am sure Dafedz added other changes though.
fallennorthstar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by fallennorthstar »

thunderchero wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 8:47 pm
missieyohko wrote: Tue May 10, 2016 8:36 pm Hey everybody, me and my friend were playing this at Dreamhack Austin and it crashed after every combat encounter. We ended up having to "auto" every encounter just to keep playing. Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?
this is a long shot, but if you can remember if most of the combat crashes involved ships moving quickly or retreating when it crashed?
Hi all, I'm an old fan of this game and I was happy to come across this mod when I checked a few days ago. The same was happening for me and I thought it was a glitch in playing my second game as the Dominion, because I actually didn't encounter the problem much in my first game as the Federation. I poured through all of these forum posts and since no one else mentioned crashing every battle encounter, I figured it had to do with not installing the DxWnd. So I did a complete reinstall (keeping my saved game) and this time added DxWnd and it solved this problem. Whoever wrote the instructions for the BOTF All in One 1.0.0 installer made it seem like this was optional... maybe you guys take it for granted but for the lay gamer like me perhaps you could at least mention that it is "strongly suggested" or that having it will cut down on crashes. :)

Thanks for all your hard work on these mods and keeping BOTF alive!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

fallennorthstar wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm Whoever wrote the instructions for the BOTF All in One 1.0.0 installer made it seem like this was optional... maybe you guys take it for granted but for the lay gamer like me perhaps you could at least mention that it is "strongly suggested" or that having it will cut down on crashes.
DxWnd does not normally cut down on crashes, DxWnd is used mainly for windows 8/10 for mouse lag. but that being said, it might also be helpful if there is a video driver issue in in older systems. since it sounds like you use windows 7

note; the quote in your post referred to "hob fix, (patch for evade and retreat CTD)" not DxWnd.

thunderchero
fallennorthstar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Is there a file that stores the hall of fame list? I'm reformatting my hard drive soon and would love to be able to keep the list.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

fallennorthstar wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 pm Is there a file that stores the hall of fame list? I'm reformatting my hard drive soon and would love to be able to keep the list.
Msdaemon.dll store hall of fame
fallennorthstar
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

I have really enjoyed playing this mod so much that I've been losing sleep! It's really nice to play one of my favorite games again and I appreciate the attention to detail. I've played a few games now and wanted to offer my feedback in case there are future updates.

- I only found a couple true errors and please forgive me if this has already been said. One is that as the Feds, I can't see how many systems I have in the Empire Status if I have more than 100. The numbers (both dilithium systems and total systems) just disappear. Secondly, when I conquer a minor planet or bring them in as a member, if they had previously been a part of one of the other major races, then some or all of their special buildings will show as having been built even though it's an option to put in the queue. It disappears if I build it again (though doesn't show up twice in the list of structures).

EDIT: I played future games (I believe as the Federation) where minor race structures already built were still an option to build in the list. It's been a while but I think I saw someone else posted about this, too.

- The Dominion AI is really weak, and they seem to be the pushover race. Is there a code tweak to make them more aggressive?

- Would it be possible to list all the minor races in alphabetical order in both the Diplomacy Manager and the Relationships Summary? Sometimes it takes me an extra couple seconds to find a race.

- If I start a game with tech Advanced, I only have the option to build the Trade Hub, but if I start anything less and then research Computer Tech 6, I have the option to build both a Trade Hub and the Trade Center (and by the way, the Hub seems to be missing from the UM5_readme.htm). I can't tell if I'm getting more credits as a result of the combined structures. Since making money is never really a problem later in games, I wonder if it's better to just have the Trade Center (+20% credits) at Computer Tech 3 and leave it as that? Or find a way to auto upgrade all the Centers from +10% to +20% credits, but maybe that gets tricky or is impossible to do...

- The small galaxy is certainly not small! I like to micromanage all my colonies and maintain several fleets, etc, and when it takes a week to beat one game on domination playing 4 hours a day on a small galaxy with 100 colonized systems, it hardly seems small! Would you consider making the default small galaxy a little smaller?

Thanks, Chris
Last edited by fallennorthstar on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kharille
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Kharille »

Excellent work guys. I had some minor issues with crashing in all combats but I ran it in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode and it works great. Still have an issue with the original BOTF. Man I am looking forward to taking on those biggest Klingon ships that were not in the original botf.

Great stuff guys!
Narn
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Narn »

quick question before i try out this mod was it intended by the mod maker to make only the dominion get just +7 industry for their production centers as it seems all other races get +8 it appears to be quite a hindrance

Return to “Ultimate Mod”