cursor disappears in win 7

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

cursor disappears in win 7

Post by ruthlessferengi »

haven't seen this one before. on win 7 computer, when I move cursor it disappears if it is not on the map... makes it hard to track... on botf, or other mods... any ideas? tried reinstalling it etc...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: cursor disappears in win 7

Post by KrazeeXXL »

you could try changing the mouse scheme to something else (might be a problem with aero - deactivating it might help, too). Also mouse tracks are an idea.

if nothing helps, I'd try YoloMouse
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

updated video driver, problem solved:) now I have a different problem, when start lan game on two comp win 7 (one 32 bit the other 64) after the game loads, on first turn, 64 bit comp just freezes... happens repeatedly. I did skip the video intro TC said this may have something to do with it..
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
chaosegg
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by chaosegg »

My vanilla multi-installer BotF I got from here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1767
and after installing the 4.0 Error correction patch as well as the higher resolution patch,
has nearly unplayable mouse and graphics lag/studdering when selecting or mouse-over certain icons/buttons.

I have a relatively modern budget [unbranded] desktop rig souped up to be a gaming PC
Athlon II x2 270, 3.4 ghz
win7 Home Sp1 (done most all the updates and .net framework stuff)
64-bit with 8 gb of RAM(upgraded from 4 when I had some issue with the unity engine i believe it was),
Geforce 660 ti 2gb ... my driver is not the latest one but it is still from March of this year, so not too old and runs things fine.

I tried [win 98/me compatibility mode] and [run as administrator] they might have helped a tiny tiny tiny bit, but I don't think so.

I read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2364&hilit=blurry+bug
Tethys wrote: Uncheck the Morphological Filtering in Catalyst Control Center, I dont know if Nvidia has a similar option. It basically rounds the edges of everything, and it morphs the screen. Dont know why they have this option, it does absolutely no good.
Since I have a NIVIDA card, what I found that fixed most of the disappearing mouse was when I went to
NVIDIA Control Panel: adjust image settings with preview
and changed it to:
use my preference emphasizing: performance (previously it was set to the middle option: "use the advanced 3d image settings" whatever that means)

I am now trying to install this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=8109
based on the advice found in the win7 problem/solution thread: viewtopic.php?t=1289&start=150
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

if windows directx redist does not help
chaosegg wrote:nearly unplayable mouse and graphics lag/studdering when selecting or mouse-over certain icons/buttons
this is not a common problem with windows 7. so might not be easy to solve.
chaosegg wrote:NVIDIA Control Panel: adjust image settings with preview
and changed it to:
use my preference emphasizing: performance (previously it was set to the middle option: "use the advanced 3d image settings" whatever that means)
for nvidia settings I suggest "application controlled" or off or lowest setting.

you can also try DxWnd it works very well with windows 7 also. if you got the latest version of multi installer you might have it installed already.
chaosegg
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by chaosegg »

DxWnd solved all my issues! Thank you and flocke for suggesting it!!

Thread for DxWnd:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3179

Return to “General Chat”