Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Those videos, the ones from 2008 I assume, are really old, a little before I joined. I'm not really sure who made them, but they're not taken from the game. There was a simulator back then, but a very crude one IIRC.
I think we are planning on having combat be similar to BotF, I don't remember discussions otherwise.
As for the naming of manoeuvres, the original game used generic names instead of civ specific ones (pattern gamma etc) because, well, you could play with any of the 5 civs ;) Not sure if say the Klingons have a pattern gamma manoeuvre. :D Plus the generic names are descriptive enough that you don't have to know them by heart or even look at a pic.
But as far as I'm concerned, all that is open for discussion.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Hey Iceman, can you tell me where the splash screen pulls from; when you launch the game? I thought is would pull from the background images but it appears its does not.

thanks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The splash screen is kind of hard-coded, not sure why. I've actually added the image to the Backgrounds folder in the previous release, but it was just for completeness sake really.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

if you have the ability to update the splash image.
Attachments
Splash.png
Splash.png (364.59 KiB) Viewed 6017 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

,Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

We all have been really busy lately, so there havent been any progress reports. Sorry. Currently I am trying to test if having Expanding Minors also claim sectors adjacent to their homesystem (like empires do) is interesting and desirable - they will not colonize other systems, they are just expanding through population growth.
blargen
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blargen »

Thats one thing that bugged me a little about the original, was the minor races only developed ships but didn't do much else. I would love to see them expand if possible, be it at a much lesser rate than major factions. The Vulcans should have multiple systems, as with the Andorians (would love for them to be at war or odd with each other) and if you friend one, you lose might lose standing with the other.

So much possibility.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Well, minor races are just that,minor. They are not trying to win the game, having them behave like empires would require resources that would not contribute to the goal of the game.Minors are simply tools to help you win the game.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

simple solution would be to limit them to x range from home system. if no system habitable they do not expand and only allow special minors to do this.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The thing is, a civ with multiple systems has to be treated differently than one with a single system. It is not just about the amount of systems they have.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

A quick look at the Planetary Skins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hbMT5R ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I'm currently working on agents, namely limiting their training time (done), and their life spans (wip).
Like I mentioned above, some minors now expand their claimed territory, and stations can now also claim sectors beyond the one they occupy.
I'm also trying to sort simultaneous colonization and station construction (partly done).
Some UI stuff.

Just letting you guys know that there is some progress, albeit slow ;)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Iceman wrote:Just letting you guys know that there is some progress, albeit slow ;)
You do much faster than many of us :up: ...*sigh*...
barra85
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by barra85 »

Hi All,
Can someone explain how i install supremacy as it is now please. right now i deleted the original version i had from its original site as it would not update with anything new. do i just download the most recent update from bitbucket and unzip to a folder and run or is there more to it that i am missing because when i tried my way it fails to run at all. front screen comes up and then i get run time errors.... please help

Thank you
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

barra85 wrote:Hi All,
Can someone explain how i install supremacy as it is now please. right now i deleted the original version i had from its original site as it would not update with anything new. do i just download the most recent update from bitbucket and unzip to a folder and run or is there more to it that i am missing because when i tried my way it fails to run at all. front screen comes up and then i get run time errors.... please help

Thank you
open the folder and locate the SupremacyClient.exe right click create a desktop short cut and enjoy. no install required.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

barra85 wrote:do i just download the most recent update from bitbucket and unzip to a folder and run
Hi barra
That is correct.
If you are not able to run the game, can you please check if you have all the pre-requisites (listed in the "Pre-requisites for the game to run" pinned thread in this forum).
Let us known how it goes, please.
Have fun!

Return to “Supremacy”