Combat turn lag

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Combat turn lag

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I was playing with ship stats and noticed 1 stat gave me a long lag from the time I hit turn to the time full screen combat began. So I ran a test on an old save I had of 500+ ships in combat.

unedited turn process time was 3 min 7 sec

edited turn process time was 17 sec

The values changed was # of beams and # of torpedoes (changed to 1 for all ships in this combat)

while you would not want to make this change by it's self, but with changing beam multiplier and torpedo multiplier to make up difference?

BTW I did test this change and seemed to have no effect on normal turn lag (after turn 200+)

thunderchero
xDx
Commander
Commander

Re: Combat turn lag

Post by xDx »

Hmm an interesting idea TC. So beam and torp muliplier do have an effect in combat then? Sorry I might be out of the loop with that question but I'd be willing to test this if no one else or yourself has not yet. Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving with no internet but I will be back up next week. I'd like to try and get back in the loop here lol

Edit: ok you did test nvm and after turn 200 I wonder why it lags like normal?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
adi
Commander
Commander

Re: Combat turn lag

Post by adi »

that seems normal; instead of deciding on what ships to fire 15 beams and 8 torpedoes the sw needs to decide where to fire only one beam and one torpedo; that is probably why it is faster; but then your dreadnought can fire beams only on one ship per turn.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”