Editing treaty refusal effects

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
nx2000
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Editing treaty refusal effects

Post by nx2000 »

Was told this belongs here... so I moved it. Any input would be helpful.

Alright, I've been playing this game for a long time now. One problem I seem to constantly run into (Especially when playing as the federation) is that I'll inevitably
find myself at war with almost everyone simply because I refuse war pact treaties from the other powers. For example, the Cardassians will want me to declare war on the Klingons, and the Klingons will want me to declare war on the Cardassians. After refusing their requests at a war pact several times eventually their standing with me goes to "Enraged" and then I'll end up at war with two empires I really wasn't trying to fight yet. And being that breaking treaties and going to war as the Federation isn't a good thing, I'm finally fed up with constantly trying to give both sides what credits I have left to keep them from declaring war.

I am very much a beginner at using the Ultimate Editor and noticed a section containing race attitudes for major empires and was wondering if this tool could be used to change and hopefully fix this problem. It really makes the game un-enjoyable after a time.

Thanks!
adi
Commander
Commander

Re: Editing treaty refusal effects

Post by adi »

if all of them declare war on you that is a good sign; it usually means you are more powerful; and as feds you have a morale penalty if you declare war and a morale bonus if someone declares war on you. Again good things; don't pay them! use the money to buy ships; and the only viable way to win is to conquer; for that you need to be at war. So all in all having war declared on you is a good thing. Enjoy!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Welcome to AFC, nx2000. :D

adi wrote:if all of them declare war on you that is a good sign; it usually means you are more powerful; and as feds you have a morale penalty if you declare war and a morale bonus if someone declares war on you. Again good things; don't pay them! use the money to buy ships; and the only viable way to win is to conquer; for that you need to be at war. So all in all having war declared on you is a good thing. Enjoy!

No offense adi, but I think you missed the point he was trying to make.

I too wish that refusing war pact treaties didn't piss off the other factions so much. When the AI behaves so bizarrely/nonsensically like that, it makes the game less fun -- both because it reduces the challenge, AND because it makes it difficult for the player to engage his/her willing suspension of disbelief (which is somewhat necessary to enjoy 4x games).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

hi i speak for all i believe there isnt a way to change the the treaty thing you just have to put up with it i too get declare war from romulans and klingons sometimes that is sumtimes even all 4 races declare war on me aswell there is is a way however to change the morale for the federation
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
nx2000
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by nx2000 »

Thanks for the welcome! :) I've used the mods on this site now for quite some time but never signed up or posted anything.

As for all the advice, that is sad news to me. I thought I saw something in UE about Empire tolerance upon incident, or default audience tolerance but I'm not entirely sure what that means and I thought maybe that had something to do with it. But I suppose ill just have to deal with it. One thing I've always enjoyed about the game after playing it so long is trying to either stay neutral or form treaties and alliances but stay out of wars and see how the AI tries to destroy itself...until I'm finally ready to go in and finish the job. After playing traditionally for so long, you start to explore other ways of getting more out of the game.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I just ignore (do nothing) the requests, they will still get enraged but it takes longer.

it is tough to play as feds and keep the peace. But that's why there is combat :grin:

thunderchero
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

Peace? Disgusting. All great civilizations developed when are in war. So kill them! Kill`em all!! Cover me Porkins!

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”