Newb asking about running mods

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Zoot12
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Newb asking about running mods

Post by Zoot12 »

I did install the "BOTF_1.0.2_English_German_e.exe" and the game runs fine. I then added the ERROR CORRECTION MOD
which gave me two new directories ECM and ECML. To run any of the versions of the game, do I then just run the TREK.EXE
from which ever folder I choose?
Does that mean that each respective mod is only run by itself with its own TREK.EXE? Thus being the only mod run? You can only run one mod at a time?

I must admit I am used to those other popular games where you can "stack" mods, and run as many together as you dare. I was not expecting to be able to only run one mod at a time, which is the reason why I ask. Dont want to miss anything. TIA for any advise.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Newb asking about running mods

Post by thunderchero »

Zoot12 wrote:To run any of the versions of the game, do I then just run the TREK.EXE from which ever folder I choose?
yes
Zoot12 wrote:Does that mean that each respective mod is only run by itself with its own TREK.EXE? Thus being the only mod run? You can only run one mod at a time?
correct, but each mod will still work without file swapping.
Zoot12 wrote:I must admit I am used to those other popular games where you can "stack" mods, and run as many together as you dare. I was not expecting to be able to only run one mod at a time,
"stacking" I am not sure what you mean, with BOTF each install is separate. merging mods does not work it would cause too many conflicts.

thunderchero
Zoot12
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Zoot12 »

Thankx thunderchero.. :grin:
Sure sounded newb didnt it..
Available are many great mods, and Ive read much about each, tough decision, guess play a few games with each ..:-).
SInce Im new to the game, Ill try the ones that are as vanilla as possible, which is why Im starting with the ERROR CORRECTION.

Yes by 'stacking" I did mean running a combination of many mods all at once...:-)
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

UDM(L) is the best. I am waiting for you in WarZone when you are ready! :twisted: Cover me Porkins!
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

Gentle i dont see u online i just logged in nobody there
When will we have another Enterprise-E?

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”