Flagships

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Flagships

Post by mrspork »

I've been having a lot of fun with all the mods and just wanted to say great work to all the modders out there.

I have a idea about flagships. It would be cool if there was a option in the shipbuilding section to build just one flagship per major race.

I'm talking Enterprise command ship with better everything....shields, hull armor (hit points ), few more weapons and higher damage than the standard command ship. Also comes with elite crew experience right off the assembly line since it would be crewed with the best from the officer pool. Maybe even a bonus to any fleet it commands?

You could only build it once until destroyed so there is no overpowered game balance issues and it would auto upgrade through the tech tree.

Or maybe have it happen randomly after a certain number of command ships are built or tech tree level reached?

I don't know, just thinking out loud here but could that kinda idea be modded into the game? Any thoughts for or against it?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Flagships

Post by thunderchero »

mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

thunderchero wrote:It was created a long time ago

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=733&hilit=flagship+mod

viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewd ... ls&lid=167

thunderchero

Ok, thanks. Just wished it wasn't random on getting a command ship named enterprise.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well, thats actually pretty simple using UE. You can delete all the ship names for Flagship name group and put just one, USS Enterprise. It should work :)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Tethys wrote:Well, thats actually pretty simple using UE. You can delete all the ship names for Flagship name group and put just one, USS Enterprise. It should work :)

Thanks for the info.

Hey, just had another awesome idea....hero cinematic of enterprise command ship coming outta dock with theme song and everything right from the movie when you get one built with the enterprise name.

Yeah, yeah, I know I need to back of the meds. LOL!

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”