More Accuracy

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Viktor
Ensign
Ensign

More Accuracy

Post by Viktor »

So imagine this...I'm all set to hand some unfortunate soul their own buttocks and that is precisely what happens, but I notice something curious. My torpedoes are all going willy nilly. For each one that hits (I hope) there are dozens that just fly off into the great beyond. This is nit picking most likely, but having some experience with with ordnance issues, this seems a little silly to me...at least the visual does. Plus there's the added benefit that if more of those torpedoes landed on target, things would generally die quicker.

So I'm setting myself the task of editing the accuracy in UE and I need someone to help me run my numbers. Now does increasing the accuracy number in the file Decrease or Increase accuracy and at what point does it change from "Firing Blind" to "Can't Possibly Miss Because the Tactical Officer is Anne Oakley"? Big surprise I'm aiming for "Competent (but not Perfect) Marksman". Also, does the accuracy automatically get adjusted for range (farther away, harder to hit)? If it does not, could you please give me instructions for those too?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Re: More Accuracy

Post by cleverwise »

Speaking on a different angle: as ships gain more experience their firing becomes more accurate. In addition having a command ship or two increases the accuracy of other ships.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Increasing beams and torpedoes accuracy will give ships better chance to hit:
[Hit Probability in percent] = ATK - DEF - ( 0.01 * [distance between attacker and target] )
ATK is weapon accuracy;

In my game i made sure the ships have more attack than the defense of ships and outposts; so they have a chance to hit.

You can make these changes in UE;
If you feel there are too many values to change in UE then there is also a tool that exports the ship list data from stbof.res to excel, you can change the values there and import the ship data back to stbof.res; thanks to QD.

csv2sst.exe http://www.4shared.com/file/HHZH4l1d/csv2sst.html
Ship_List_Modifier2.0 http://www.4shared.com/file/3VJF6Qu0/Sh ... ier20.html

Steps:
1. - use csv2sst.exe to export the ship data from stbof.res to a csv file
2. - use Ship_List_Modifier2.0.xlsm to import the the csv with the ship data from csv2sst.exe, change the values, inspect and verify them in a friendlier view and then export them back to the csv
3. - use csv2sst.exe to import the ship data from the csv file to stbof.res

!!!!! One more thing: changing ship stats will make your saved game crash; so change stats only if you plan on not continuing your game.
Viktor
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Viktor »

Thank you. This is a big help.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”