Changing Auto-Upgrade per Ship

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
seanhinkley
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Changing Auto-Upgrade per Ship

Post by seanhinkley »

Hi I am looking to turn Auto Upgrade off for certain ships, while leaving it on for others, I have used UE to Turn auto-upgrade off, can I hex edit some of the ships to Auto-Upgrade?

What I am trying to do is have 3 types of cruisers Constitution, Excelsior, Ambassador - I want the newer ships to replace the older ships in the build list but not auto-upgrade the existing cruisers. But want the Galaxy to Auto-Upgrade to Galaxy II

I tried this method but it lists the outdated ships in the build window, instead of replacing them
http://members.aon.at/zelli/ships.htm

I looked around the forum could not find another thread on this topic. Found a few others i found useful for other Ship changes
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2533&hilit=Upgrade

I know its probably really simple to :oops:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Changing Auto-Upgrade per Ship

Post by thunderchero »

seanhinkley wrote:Hi I am looking to turn Auto Upgrade off for certain ships, while leaving it on for others, I know its probably really simple to :oops:
seanhinkley wrote:I have used UE to Turn auto-upgrade off

change this back to on, set to "off" will prevent single ship changes iirc
seanhinkley wrote:can I hex edit some of the ships to Auto-Upgrade?
Use UE you can select what ships will upgrade in edit/ship/ship stats for each ship. Just set to "none" for the ships you want not to upgrade.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Re: Changing Auto-Upgrade per Ship

Post by adi »

seanhinkley wrote:
What I am trying to do is have 3 types of cruisers Constitution, Excelsior, Ambassador - I want the newer ships to replace the older ships in the build list but not auto-upgrade the existing cruisers. But want the Galaxy to Auto-Upgrade to Galaxy II
First don't mess with the Auto-Upgrade; if you want to prevent some ships to upgrade from others do as TC said, from ship stats.
Unfortunately the old ships don't go away from the ship list unless there is an upgrade for them; but the ship build list is in alphabetical order. So i name the latest cruisers something like "Adv. Heavy Cruiser" so they stay on the top; although the old ones are in the list they are at the bottom.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”