upgradeable buildings

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

upgradeable buildings

Post by enigma »

Hello everybody

I couldnt find something about this, but maybe somebody can help me with my little problem:

I wanted to create some buidlungs with the newest version of UE (still playing my own modified version of UDM III). The buildings should work like the scanners: if you have the technology researched, you can upgrade it. I made this buildungs, but when i had researched the technology, the new building wasnt replacing the old one. Instead i can have the 2 buildings at the same time.

(I made this for a kind of asteroid espionage base. It will give more Intel with upgrades, similar to the standard information buildings, but only buildable in few systems)

Is there a way to make this possible?

greetings, enigma
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: upgradeable buildings

Post by thunderchero »

I feel your pain here,

Currently the upgrade code is hard coded and very limited. So adding new upgrades is not possible.

upgrades can only be an additional bonus and older building would still be used.

The research that has been done is very limited, here is only post on subject that I know of.

viewtopic.php?f=264&t=2299

thunderchero
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: upgradeable buildings

Post by enigma »

I see ...

in this case i have to change my plans for future modifications, cause i have to say, that i have a talent to make everything wrong when it comes to hex editors ;)

thanks for the quick answer, thunderchero

enigma

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”