building is ignoring build limit

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

building is ignoring build limit

Post by enigma »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently editing my own version of the great UDM III mod and already changed a lot of stuff. But now i ran into a problem and i can't find a solution for it.

I added some buildings by using the UE and all seemed correct like i wanted. But one building is making trouble. The options for this building are "one per empire" and "home system" but i can build it as often as i want (in the home system). Its using 100 energy and it doesnt matter how often i build it: I dont lose more then 100 energy. But i have the effect of every time i build it. I deleted it and made it new ... no changes. I deleted it, without making a new one - now another building has this error.
Is it possible that i added too much buildings to the list? The index is going from 0 to 338.
Any ideas?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: building is ignoring build limit

Post by thunderchero »

Hi enigma,

if this is AI doing this it is not uncommon

If this is happening on human player it could be due to a couple reasons

1. did you "auto set all" in edit/starting conditions/starting tech
2. did you set AI build requirements?
3. was it setup properly to start with?

thundecrchero
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by enigma »

1. yes, i made "auto set all" after i noticed that i forgot it when i started botf for a test.
2. the requirements for this building are made by UE: 100 energy, population requirement 1, max. 1. I didnt change it
3. besides 1., yes, everything seemed to be right.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Well I hate to say buildings have some hard coded location that have not been found.

So this may be that a building that was hard coded location has been moved? It is very hard for you to describe all the changes you have made to mod (I do not expect this, and would more than likely not help). any one of your changes could be causing the problem.

right now I would suggest going back to your back up files (if you created some) and try just replacing a current building instead.

thunderchero
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by enigma »

Well, like i said, after i deleted the building, the error "jumped" to another building. At first it was one of my own buidlings giving me trouble, now its one of the buidlungs who came with the mod. Its even one i didnt change, except the amount of energy its using. Its the "Continuing Commitee", the position in the list was never changed.

I also made some tests with the not-changed stbotf.res copy i have. I added building after building and it seems, this error always appear when the index reaches 338 buildings.

But i found a compromise solution for it. So simple, you will not get it...
I just switched everything of the building except the position in the list with the romulan Tribunal "building".
For the Tribunal, the bug is nothing to care about. And the Comitee is back at work :mrgreen:

But i would be really interested to know whats causing this trouble and how to fix it.

Edit: That was not really a solution. It causes even more errors. Forget it.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”