Disabling Ship Upgrades

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
SonOfWorf
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Disabling Ship Upgrades

Post by SonOfWorf »

I'm trying to make a mod currently and there's one issue that I'm struggling with.

I want to remove all ship upgrades, but have it so that the other empires only build the newest version of each ship type. So basically they build destroyer 1's, then the destroyer 2 becomes available, they then start only building destroyer 2's, but they still have their ageing fleet.

I want the hi tech updated version of the ship to be the only type being constructed, but I want those new ships to be rare within the empire for a while after it's first launched.

Anyone know any tricks to enable this? I guess making the new version significantly bette than the only one would help, but the AI clearly hasn't been programmed to have to decide which version of a similar ship type to build. Ideally I would have the old version disappear from the build options altogether, but that seems impossible.

Thanks very much in advance.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Disabling Ship Upgrades

Post by thunderchero »

SonOfWorf wrote:Ideally I would have the old version disappear from the build options altogether, but that seems impossible.
correct all ships would stay in build list.

for AI to build highest tech ship you need to sort the ship list better.

Each function (ship type scout, destroyer ect) "function" is how it is listed in UE. highest tech at top, lowest tech, last of that function.

The AI selects what ship to build by checking what ship was built last (if any)

then it checks it's "agenda" then it will use that list in trek.exe as what to build.

more info
viewtopic.php?f=218&t=707

You can change agendas with UE (this is a lot of work) :wink:

thunderchero
SonOfWorf
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Disabling Ship Upgrades

Post by SonOfWorf »

Thank you very much for the response.

I've got the result I wanted now by leaving the upgrades in on the at botff.res, but turning off the auto upgrade in .exe

This results in the newer version replacing the old one in the build list, but the individual ships remaining unchanged. Perfect!!! This way I can build ambassadors until I have a few of them, then when the galaxy is ready I can't build more ambassadors, but I still have a number of them.

Feels canon

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”