Ai Diplomacy

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
foz
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Ai Diplomacy

Post by foz »

Hey guys searched but couldn't find anything really talking about this point. I am currently playing around with dicers ue with aaml and udml. I want to know if there is any way to make the ai consider peace. It seems like usually after war is declared that's that theyre not interested in peace. Don't want to have to bribe them (feels wrong to chuck money at them when I'm winning). Just think its silly that im beating the living day lighs out of their fleet and taking worlds from them but still they don't offer peace. I found a ai thing in icers ue talking about relations modifier but didn't really understand what to do. things like:
Cardassians
raiding 0.25 (or something)
would like to be able to have short border wars with my neighbours rather than just an epic blood fued which usually doesn't stop until I've wiped them out or they've all ganged up on me which usually ends in slow conquest of them. perhaps we could borrow a diplomacy engine from another game (im clueless on how these games actually work so forgive my ignorance) would be could to sign peace deals where planets are exchanged or areas of space.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Ai Diplomacy

Post by thunderchero »

Hi foz,

I understand exactly what you are talking about, with current code this would not be possible.

the only time AI will call for peace (with low relationship) is when you receive the message "Every major government has admitted our galactic dominance." and game ends.

So the only way to get peace with AI currently is to bribe them to improve your relationship with them.

thunderchero
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I have gotten peace many times when at war without giving money. For example in the current game I was at war with the Klingons, Cardassians, Romulans, and Dominon. Obviously I was the Federation. The Dominion was in an alliance with me but broke it and then allied with the Klingons. I was hammering the Cards just taking their systems and bombing them to non existence. Anyway...

I gave the Dominion a few gift territories. Then they called for peace on their own. Then offered an affiliation. I accepted both as they were second strongest around 40 systems to my over 100. Then the Klingons and Romulans without any gifts both called for peace. I accepted because I was more interested in destroying the Cards. The Cards kept asking for peace but I kept ignoring them. It wasn't every turn but every 15 or so turns they asked for peace. I destroyed all their systems and bombed them out of existence, since Fed citizens hate conquering but understand bombing (whatever), expect one system that the Dominion conquered. So the Cards were throwing peace requests on their own at me time and time and time and time again. Blah they were my first alliance and stabbed me in the back. I have noticed above all other empires Cards break their alliance faster and more often.

PS. This was on the Ultimate Mod.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
foz
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by foz »

Never mind then, thanks for replying. Maybe this is something that can be done for the supremacy project if that ever gets finished. Last time I checked it had no combat which takes all the fun out of sending fleets against the computer(I only really play single player).

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”