Text file of Technology Levels and Descriptions

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Tachyonfang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Text file of Technology Levels and Descriptions

Post by Tachyonfang »

Hello all,
First of all, I wish to assure you all that this is not a joke or a scam-the issue I am about to describe to you is completely true. So, here we go:
I have a friend named Marianne, who amongst all of the other wonderful things about her, is a fanatic Star Trek fan. The problem is, she has a form of blindness that is essentially incurable/inoperable. Nevertheless, in the true spirit of the Federation, she refuses to let that interfere with her attempts to play this amazing game.
Her personal computer system is set up with various programs and peripherals to allow it to vocalize both text and events in (mostly) realtime as they appear on the screen. But, apparrently, whatever the "format" of the BOTF-Galaxy Mod's Technology Level names (for each of the 6 different tech categories) and their associated Descriptions, this format is "untranslatable" and cannot be read and vocalized.
To put it simply, she would really like to be able to read/hear the Treknobabble for this game, and I've been trying to help her find a solution. I offered to simply read the stuff off her screen myself, but she got somewhat embarrassed about my doing that.
The simplest file type that the vocalizer can translate is a .txt file; I would like to know if such a file exists, containing the Tech Level names and descriptions? Or, if not, can someone create one for us? I'm perfectly willing to pay for your time.
--Tachyonfang
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Text file of Technology Levels and Descriptions

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Tachyonfang,

I not exactly sure how she would use this, but here is techdesc.tec from galaxy mod. I just opened it with word doc as txt and saved as txt.
techdesc.tec.txt
(257.74 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
most extracted description files this can be done with.

thunderchero

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”