problem with editing tech fields in UE

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Soulvoid
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

problem with editing tech fields in UE

Post by Soulvoid »

Hello and thanks for reading this. Im having an issue using UE editing the technology fields. example would be total research points needed and the formula for calculating points. I have double and triple checked that i am editing the correct directory/file and also launching trek.exe from the same folder/path. every field in the editing window in UE for the exception of calculate points saves the info correctly there on UE and i can re-open the same file and the values are what i saved. problem is in game, starting new games, i view the tech field database and the Req. RP stated there is the vanilla values. i also burnt turns and dumped all research into one field and used one lab, no change vanilla speeds. can someone please help me to understand what am I not seeing here? Thanks!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: problem with editing tech fields in UE

Post by thunderchero »

This sounds like a path issue.

In UE check the edit/setting and check if both the automatically change path boxes are checked.

if this is a copied install this could be a registry issue.
Soulvoid
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Soulvoid »

im not sure if this means anything but i did a file integrity check with the UE program. IMO it does look like some important things may be going on here. Any help is much obliged.

Warning: in shiplist.sst: Image i_m10170.tga size is 172x142 pixels should be 170x142 pixels.
Error: objstruc.smt: The sum of space object frequencies is not 1.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main research buildings: IDs 125 to 133.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main intel buildings: IDs 107 to 115.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main industry and food buildings: IDs 88 to 106.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main energy buildings: IDs 116 to 124.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 98 to 106.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main research buildings: IDs 171 to 179.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main intel buildings: IDs 153 to 161.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main industry and food buildings: IDs 134 to 152.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main energy buildings: IDs 162 to 170.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 144 to 152.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main research buildings: IDs 217 to 225.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main intel buildings: IDs 199 to 207.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main industry and food buildings: IDs 180 to 198.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main energy buildings: IDs 208 to 216.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 190 to 198.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main research buildings: IDs 263 to 271.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main intel buildings: IDs 245 to 253.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main industry and food buildings: IDs 226 to 244.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main energy buildings: IDs 254 to 262.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 236 to 244.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main research buildings: IDs 309 to 317.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main intel buildings: IDs 291 to 299.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main industry and food buildings: IDs 272 to 290.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main energy buildings: IDs 300 to 308.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 282 to 290.
Warning: in edifice.bst: Image Cun_b.tga size is 270x226 pixels should be 270x225 pixels.
Warning: in edifice.bst: Image Fun_b.tga size is 270x226 pixels should be 270x225 pixels.
Error: environ.est: Sum of environment frequencies is not 1.
Warning: in aiminor.wtf: Race Antedeans should be listed here, but isn't.
Warning: in aiminor.wtf: Race Edo should be listed here, but isn't.
Information: in aiminor.wtf: Renamed minor race entry Antideans to Antedeans.
Information: in aiminor.wtf: Renamed race entry Edos in trek.exe to Edo.
Information: in aiminor.wtf: Renamed minor race entry Edos to Edo.
Warning: in race.rst: Image antidean.tga size is 159x170 pixels should be 160x170 pixels.
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (10) doesn't equal actual requirement (30). (ID = 7)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (10) doesn't equal actual requirement (20). (ID = 17)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (200) doesn't equal actual requirement (300). (ID = 23)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (10) doesn't equal actual requirement (50). (ID = 60)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (250) doesn't equal actual requirement (200). (ID = 67)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (100) doesn't equal actual requirement (130). (ID = 81)
Warning: in aibldreq.bin: AI building energy requirement (150) doesn't equal actual requirement (170). (ID = 83)
Soulvoid
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Soulvoid »

thunderchero wrote:This sounds like a path issue.

In UE check the edit/setting and check if both the automatically change path boxes are checked.

if this is a copied install this could be a registry issue.
Ahh ok. Thank you so much for the reply. Yes my original install of the new main multi i just copied the folder and used that for creating my mod. I suppose that is the issue then, wow im going to loose a lot of progress but atleast I have my fix this is important for me. Ill do a new install in a new directory and see how it goes, again thanks for the reply!

And yes both box's are checked.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

those are all normal for a vanilla install except this one maybe?

Error: environ.est: Sum of environment frequencies is not 1.

but that has nothing to do with tech level issue.

you may not need to re-install

you might be able to edit the stbof.ini to correct path
Soulvoid
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Soulvoid »

I edited greatly the % of anomalies to planets and their seperate %'s. I have not had any stability issues nor any noticeable side effects from this error, atleast not as of yet anyways :)

My goal was to simulate a more realistic map reflecting my thoughts on our current RL galaxy with a sci fi twist ofc. Seems to make it quite immersive as well as strategic and makes exploration fun again.
Soulvoid
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Soulvoid »

Installing to a new path fixed the issue. Thanks man, im sure you've saved more than one person's interests on here. Your a cool guy. Cheers

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”