eWarZone Router Bypass

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

eWarZone Router Bypass

Post by RSE_Chris »

There seems to be quite a few problems stemming from the use of router bypass.

Dissy and I practice frequent 1on1 games and we never have to use router bypass and can go a long time without crashing.

However, when I play some people, we can't get passed the main screen unless router bypass is used. But then when we turn bypass on, the player who joins can't select race unless we re-launch maybe 10 times. This happens a lot with jonboylondon and I yet we both have all the ports open as required.

Anyone have any ideas?
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

the hosting problems could be due to another form of secuirty present on Jonboys system. Ive played botf with no bypass, no probs with othe rpeople, but yeah i have the same prob when i play with jonboy. im gonna bet it has to do with another form of secuirty (like Norton <- kill it if you have it, windows firewall or some such other thing)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

yeah, if ports are passing the dx port test of warzone and joiner still gets frozen on selecting new mp game in main screen, it's normally some kind of firewall making troubles.
That can be a software firewall, the windows firewall (that people often forget to deactivate after installing a different software firewall), a hardware firewall (like the one from nvidia), or a firewall of the router.
Sometimes people think they have configured everything right but have made a tiny fault, left a port or mistyped it or filled the wrong formula or s.th..
About some router portforwarding options I'm not very sure as well, like dmz that seemed to work for warzone but not for botf. Just forward the ports staticly if possible.

The bypass option I've not tested myself yet, but havn't heard anything good about. Just do the portforwarding and firewall stuff. Having done that once, you'll be fine and independent from server redirecting packages.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

the problem is i cannot acces my router via internet explorer

i load warzpne and botf and allow them access through norton - and windows firewall (off when norton active) but i cannot manually open ports in norton - like i can in microsoft firewall.

I suppose i could shut down norton enable microsoft then open them manually...

My router also is an unknown sagem model number issued by sky in the uk. :roll:

Any other idea's??

(ps i can still play 65-75 turns without crash with bypass so please dont make me a MP lepper....) :)
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

jonboylondon wrote:the problem is i cannot acces my router via internet explorer

i load warzpne and botf and allow them access through norton - and windows firewall (off when norton active) but i cannot manually open ports in norton - like i can in microsoft firewall.

I suppose i could shut down norton enable microsoft then open them manually...

My router also is an unknown sagem model number issued by sky in the uk. :roll:

Any other idea's??

(ps i can still play 65-75 turns without crash with bypass so please dont make me a MP lepper....) :)
like i said on WZ, Call Sky, they can probably tell you the user name a password to access your router.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

all sky routers have "admin" as username, and "sky" as pw
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

found this tutorial over the net - so have sorted routers as per instructions below

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/index.php?news=569
ports 47624 and 4300-4400 - all open in router

test from wz still says:
Starting test...

47624 FAILED!!!
2300 FAILED!!!
2301 FAILED!!!
2302 FAILED!!!
2303 FAILED!!!
2305 FAILED!!!
2350 FAILED!!!
2400 FAILED!!!

Finished.
Some ports failed.

MY BRAIN HURTS :cry:

Help (squeak).....
[bonk!]
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

argh, you need to get it sorted jbl, we have that game to finish!
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

People i have passed all ports in the test :P but still cannot play :cry: - i have allowed all correct programs and firewall and router and firewall manually configured for each port that passed. :P

Yet I cannot play.......... :cry:

:roll:

Any idea's?

JBL
[bonk!]
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

Have you actually checked whether your game works or are you going just by the port test? The port test isn't very reliable - i've played the game with failed ports before now without problems. I'd give it a try if you haven't alreayd done so.

...If you have checked though, i'm afraid I can't help. All I know is that a magical update appeared that fixed all my woes...sorry the same didn't happen for you... :(
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

OK - people update here........ i can play without bypass as a join - not a host - done so with thunder and flocke failed with others crashpm....

ports still pass.....

no probs with sp.....

no logs from router with any port failure....(in router firewall section)

no logs in firewall (comodo) - startrek.exe/wz et al set on "allow all" access in firewall......

Many thanks in advance for your assistance....

JBL

:)
[bonk!]
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

i have found that "port forwarding" only effects me when there is another computer on my network. Without setting up forwarding, all ports go to the first connected computer.

To get warzone to work, I had to disable the firewall on my router, but I still use windows firewall on my laptop.

The only issue I have, is when my wife turns on her laptop. even with her wireless turned off, I somehow messes with mine, and I can only stay connected for about 2 minutes.

I have given her a static IP as well. I have the default IP as static on my laptop, and hers above mine.

mine is set to 192.168.1.2
Hers is 192.168.136

I have been unable to find why? I am just putting it down to Vista being it's usual self (D*CK)
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Deano23285
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Deano23285 »

really strange, i have a wireless sky router and have had no problems hosting or non-hosting and yet my port test "fails" every time i run it
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Me too, I can host fine, and we tend to go along way until we see any crashes.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

@deano, sounds like your LAN ip has changed and router is forwarding to a wrong one now. Maybe someone else connected to your router and occupies your old ip now :lol:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”