GALM 0.2.9b Beta MP Game (Epic)

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

GALM 0.2.9b Beta MP Game (Epic)

Post by Tethys »

Welcome, to a Tech 1 multiplayer epic experience brought to you by Tethys, xDx, and ZeroChance.

This thread will be updated soon with some good infos on a pretty epic 3 way MP game using the Galaxies Mod version 0.2.9b.

Here is a peek of the game around turn 200, from the WARRIOR's perspective!
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: GALM 0.2.9b Beta MP Game (Epic)

Post by ZeroChance »

Well, hello everyone. As you can tell from the first post, Tethys is playing as klings. I'm playing as feds and xDx is in control of the Romulan Empire. So GALM, large irregular galaxy, impossible, many minors. We decided to role-play as much as possible while we play this game and test out the latest GALM release.

This game started as an epic match between xDx and I, one day when we had only a few hours to kill. We played about 40 turns on a lazy Saturday afternoon and then saved. Fast forward a few days later, we are in wz looking for a game and so is Tethys, who says he's alright with taking over an ai 40 turns in. I knew heading into this that there would be issues. Going into any mp game you know there will be crashes. When you add in large fleets, large empires, many minors and 3 human players things can get messy. But here's the thing: Tethys joined us in playing, and we went from about turn 40 to around turn 130 with, iirc, 2 crashes maximum. Anyhow, this is my story (and some screens) so far (without giving away too many secrets, hopefully, hehe)

I found myself placed in the middle-far right of the galaxy. The first 40 turns were uneventful. xDx and I shared some commentary back and forth about our mutual expansion. I found a wormhole early on (maybe by turn 10) and found out it went clear across the galaxy. By our save at t39 and even well into Tethys joining us I had yet to meet a single minor race - bad luck for the UFP. On the plus side, I was building the early Miranda cruisers at 3 systems and also pushing out some connies. From exploring my wormhole, I found my first minor race (the Naussicans) and membered them quickly. They also threw me directly into contact with my first major race - the Borg. At contact they had only managed up to 9 systems (I was somewhere in the 20-25 range) but I knew the ships would speak for themselves. They take over the vanilla ferengi slot in galm, and as it's in development, still share some traits with the fergs. However, when you build an outpost and member a minor race nearby that they are hoping to subjugate - they still take it personally. The Borg are quite something in this mod, and will be even more formidable when it's complete. I had to send my entire fleet through the wormhole (plus all new ships needed to be sent through as well) in order to keep the Borg out of my space and prevent them from declaring war. This is what our border looked like:

What I should mention is at the Borg outpost next to Tekara system - at this point is about 20 or so sphere cruiser and destroyer-type ships. Even though I had probably close to 60 ships of various types, at this point in a direct confrontation I would have lost. The Borg explorer has the hp/sp of about 2 (maybe 3) of my Constitution classes. There were a few border skirmishes, of which my constellation class cruisers got the worst, but eventually we agreed to peace. At this point in the game, I was more worried about what the Klings and Roms are up to, as in the chat they're talking about wormholes and having met each other and a lot of growling (from Tethys). By turn 155, this is what my galaxy looks like:

And you'll notice the top-right corner there's an outpost with some unknown ships. ROMULAN ships! Coming through a wormhole. Here's a closer view:

(Edit by Tethys) What you don't see is my cloaked D13 Bird of Prey also at the mouth of the wormhole there ;)

It seems much more ominous than you might expect. All of those ships are turrets. An addition to GALM that I've loved since the beginning. They are basically support structures, cheap but armed, that you can tow along with your other ships in order to defend your bases and systems. All of my task forces there are unique to the Feds - scanner turrets (all other empires have weapon turrets) as I'm attempting to setup a mobile sensor net with constellation class cruisers and scan turrets to help detect cloaked vessels. The Rom outpost completion paves the way for diplomatic relations between the Romulans (xDx) and the Feds (me). By turn 180, we have a non-agression treaty:

At this point you can see my sensor net is much more deployed - and I've got outposts all along my northern border to help with scanning. I'm wary of the Romulan intentions up that way. We mutually agree that should he colonize any systems near the wormhole they should be to the left of his wormhole-outpost. There are some uninhabited systems directly north that I am looking to colonize at this point, so anything to keep the roms away. What you can see on my southern border is another sensor net - incomplete - being built partly because of the Romulans, and also because of their contact with the klingons. At this point in the game I have reason to believe there are klingons directly south of my location. I want to be prepared.

By turn 200, my fears are confirmed, there are klingons south of my territory and I was right in deploying a sensor net in that area. I find out that the Klingons are being pressed by an unknown (to me) force known as the Dominion, and the Romulans have deemed it in their best interests to help the Klingon Empire with the threat. 200+ Dominion ships from what Starfleet Intelligence has gathered. As Feds, I take advantage of this threat and have the Klings agree to a non-agression treaty (and also spend credits and time training / building starships at Sol while the others are out fighting). In this mod there is no autoupgrade, so for every new ship type I've got to scrap the old and build the new (another part of the mod I love, you don't just GET a bunch of new ships at no cost, much more realistic imo). I've also got a pending alliance request from the Borg (I'm trying to role-play, really, I promise!!!) and the Romulans and I have signed another peace treaty in light of the Dominion threat. Despite that, the peace seems to be growing perilous, as we've been competing for range and sectors near our respective borders. By turn 209, my southern sensor net is deployed, I've membered the Ferengi and Ankari (the unknown ships you see in the pervious screen) and I'm done colonizing those worlds on my northern border. Things have heated up:

So far, this game has been ridiculously fun! We had some difficulty, as always, with crashes. However these were mostly connected to the sounds it seems and since we've switched to TeamSpeak in order to communicate we've suffered fewer crashes that are usually rampant with a game such as this. I'm very interested in how the game will evolve from here, as the Klings and Roms have known each other for a while and have worked together a bit (in regards to the Doms and a bunch of nearby wormholes that have endpoints). Will the end of the Dom threat mean the end of the (somewhat perilous) peace between them, or will they turn against me? Will my alliance with the Borg add another threat to their peace? Will the Borg use this chance to expand rapidly?
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Well since the thread has been started by my giddy cohorts I guess I should add some screenshots as well as some info from the Romulan perspective (please note though that since the Romulans are a secretive and enigmatic people some details will be omitted to avoid being used by its enemies) ;) Since zerochance has filled you in on the crash issues and the joining of tethys I will avoid these topics mostly.
I started the game pretty much in the middle of the map on the bottom edge which basically gave me the freedom to explore almost in all directions. Expansion is slow at first with my scout-1s moving at speed 1 a good start though for a canon feel in pre TOS start. I colonized every class M planet I could find first before terraforming and immediately continued building shipyards to extend my range. By about turn 25 I had got lucky and encountered my first minor race, the El-Aurians, they had a nice size system so I quickly established a friendship treaty with them. Over the next couple dozen turns expansion started to increase and was again fortunate to discover several more minors (the Ocampans, Wadi, Andorians, and another I cannot think of atm.
It was at about turn 70 or so I membered the El-Aurians with full pop since in this mod minors expand at a normal pop rate instead of by jumps :) I was amazed to discover that minors have several structures to build instead of just one (most minors at this stage in the mod have the same bonus but as mod progresses many great bonuses will become available). I decided then to push more east towards the Beta Quadrant to try and form a corner empire for myself and coming across three more minors Betazeds, Kazon Nistrom, and the Bolians. It was around turn 90 just past the Bolian homeworld I came into an obstacle... KLINGONS. Yes it appeared that the Klingon Empire (tethys) was fortunate to have stumbled across a wormhole that brought them down to my doorstep. They were not happy to see me there and constantly made animal like threats to me concerning my intentions with Bolarus and my further expansion east. At this time I had just researched my TOS style War-bird cruiser with a heavy payload plasma torpedo and was pumping them out in El-Auria and Romulus every three turns or so. So idle threats I shrugged off with the threat of incineration of death by plasma. A couple of turns later we had a unique moment of canon. At turn 110 the Klingon Empire researched their first cloaking capable vessel and the Romulans 2 turns later researched their D7 destroyer an exchange made known in Trek TOS "The Enterprise Incident." The Klingons eventually agreed a mutual neutral zone with a non aggression pact for 25 turns. I say a mutual NZ due to the fact that despite having this treaty each participant may still enter the others space, a unique perspective to the game. Here is a screen of the Romulan/Klingon NZ
We agree to share the wormhole for exploration and make the sector 50 line the NZ with no warships passing through only scouts are allowed. I am allowed to eventually member Bolarus....
On same turn my side of the wormhole we agree to share to allow expansion into the Delta Quadrant and some much needed breathing room ;)
Also going on in the northern section of my expansion, I stumble across another wormhole which leads me west into the Alpha/Gamma Quadrant border to discover only two sectors away an outpost of unknown design. However, Tal Shiar agents placed in the Klingon Empire learn these outposts belong to the Borg a major player that had just signed an affiliation treaty with another unknown superpower, the Federation. 8O I decided it was best to avoid meeting these Borg with no warships nearby but instead construct an outpost on my end of the wormhole.
My galactic map on same turn for a broader perspective.....
Some more turns progressed for me to meet the Federation through my expansion and learned through Klingon whining that a fleet of 200+ Dominion ships was en route for their western border. The Klingons and Romulans agree to mutual affiliation treaty and the Romulans send a fleet of 186 ships including D7-A destroyers, war-birds, frigate 2s, and the newly constructed Warhawk Command cruisers to aid the Klingons in this desperate hour.
As we came to a close in our last session the Federation has an Alliance proposal on the president's desk waiting to be signed. The Klingons, ever thirsty for battle, launched a preemptive strike on the Dominion before the Romulan fleet entered the wormhole and forced the Dominion to sign a non aggression treaty. The political state of affairs is indeed a tumultuous one. Romulans have peace with Feds and Klingons but for how long? Will the Alliance of the Borg and Federation disrupt the fragile balance of power? Have the Klingons set up an ambush for my aging fleet to be wiped out as they enter the wormhole? But what surprises do the Romulan Empire hold within its secure borders that only the Praetor himself is aware of ;) Only time will tell.........
The galaxy at last save looks a bit smaller now doesn't it :wink:
(EDIT): final save was 7 turns later at 209 latest most current screenshot is tethy's in first post :oops:
Overall I am having a huge amount of fun with this game. The role playing is admittedly fun as well and with such good and patient players as tethys and zerochance this is by far the most fun I've had in an epic game for awhile. This mod with its larger maps, turrets, and different style to building and ship upgrades takes away from the traditional style of playing BotF and creates a truly unique approach to playing this game. Of course there are things not completed and imbalances with this mod but it should, because its NOT complete. So if you download it http://www.4shared.com/file/zWLCk1oe/Ga ... _029b.html understand it won't be perfect. ;) This game is a beta test and providing tethys with ideas and fix suggestions as well as any broken features he may have unknowingly missed. With that said I would like to note that turn processing has been significantly improved in this mod. Even on turn 200+ with a potential between all empires of 1200-1500 ships moving about.... turns still process at about 5-7 seconds *round of applause* for that one :) There are crashes in game mainly trek.exe going unresponsive and collapsing the game (no log) but turning all sounds and movies off and instead using teamspeak to chat and role play have stabilized the game noticeably better. This not a mod independent crash but instead unfortunately a BotF related instability in MP so happens in all mods at some point.
I look forward to continuing this game through to the end and research completely through 15 techs of buildings and ships. Eventually leading me to fly my Warbirds and Scimitars over Earth and Qo-nos (haha j/k guys... or am I?) Good job tethys so far. Btw more screenshots to follow of battles :D
Last edited by xDx on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

On the outskirts of Klingon space there is a system which the Klingons are clearly entitled to as per Romulan/Klingon affiliation treaty which states that the Klingon empire may colonize any worlds east of the sector line of 51.xx (you can clearly see Red Giant 52.xx and my cursor hovering over 55.xx). The Romulans are in direct violation of the treaty by attempting to erect an outpost in the Neutral Zone between the Romulan, Klingon, and Federation borders. A colony ship has been dispatched to establish the colony on Lysia, with force if necessary.

With the Romulan and Klingon fleets engaged on the front lines against belligerent Cardassian aggressors, and the Federation Starfleet engorged in a confrontation with Borg Spheres, a Federation peace convoy carrying the Federation President has been extended a personal welcome into the forging of the Lysian Accords between the Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets. Perhaps this will be a new peace between the two empires.

Unfortunately, the Romulans were able to construct their Tactical Outpost above Lysia despite the Klingon presence, in direct violation of the Klingon/Romulan affiliation treaty of 2290. As you can see, the Federation President is meeting with the Klingon Chancellor at Lysia while a Romulan envoy lurks in the shadows...
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Well, update #2 from the UFP! Things have changed. Quite a bit. There was a paperwork mixup regarding the alliance with the Borg Collective causing the paperwork to never be completed, and as such the Borg became hostile towards my empire, raiding some nearby systems and attempting to destroy the starbase at Nausicaa. Hopefully next update I'll have some battle screenshots for everyone. The UFP seized the chance to destroy a Borg outpost in the nearby Argala system which proved successful. The fleet was led into battle by the Enterprise C, a top of the line Ambassador class vessel. Before we destroyed the outpost, this is what the new UFP - Borg Collective border looked like:

There's the pride of Starfleet :) That screenshot is about 13 or so turns before we actually stopped playing this time through.

As the war between the Romulan-Klingon Alliance and the Dominion progresses, diplomacy on the home front is not as easy as it once was. The latest peace treaties of 25 turns expired, and there was about a 5 turn border skirmish time between the Romulans and the UFP. We have since agreed upon another non-agression pact, but nonetheless the UFP feels the need to increase defense along it's borders. The "neutral zone" in between our empires has grown as no terms were ever agreed upon regarding the uninhabited (but colonizable and resource-rich) systems in between our claimed space. A lengthy contested border now separates our claimed systems and the overall length of the border reaches almost from the extreme south to extreme north of Federation space. It may not be long before the UFP is forced to expand vs the Borg Collective near the satellite empire on the other end of the wormhole. There have been some Klingon attacks on Federation ships and scanning outposts since the end of the peace, as well. According to the Klingon ambassador these are "rogue" vessels, and the UFP will treat them as such. We've launched a few squadrons of Excelsior-refits to help reinforce UFP space along the Klingon border. Here is a wide-angle shot of the neutral zone. You'll notice it is much more developed in terms of ships and outposts than it was before.

Still, with most of the Federation fleet defending against the Borg, the UFP is looking to continue with good diplomatic relations with the Klingons and Romulans.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

This game is starting to heat up a little and not just from Klingon heavy breathing :wink: Expansion has pretty much halted for the empire and consolidation is in full motion. The last time I posted the Romulans were sending a fleet of 186 warships to help reinforce the Klingon northwestern border against the Dominion. Unfortunately due to outdated warp engines the fleet was not able to see battle in the Denobulan sector when the Klingon task force conquered Denobula (an action the Senate feels very apprehensive about but decided to support for the safety and security of the galaxy). The Klingons have pushed on and moved slightly south towards the troubled Bajoran sector where both Romulan and Klingon task forces were to rendezvous. It was a trap 8O the sneaky Dominion moved a sizable portion of their fleet a couple sectors away to a system recently conquered by the elite Klingon warrior class, the Order of the Bat'leth. The Klingons, positioned themselves to counter attack while leaving their right flank to be protected by my mixed fleet positioned one sector away from independent Bajor. A flotilla of Dominion ships struck to attack Bajor but was intercepted by Romulan D7 destroyers and War-birds.
Dominion fleet of 18 command cruisers and a dozen or so raider ships exchanged beam fire before a volley of plasma torpedoes wiped them off the map... literally. The Romulans eagerly await another strike at the despicable Dominion. However Talshiar agents have learned the total military strength of the Dominion/Cardassian Alliance numbers at 600+ ships LOL.... A quick victory, it seems, has faded from the hearts and minds of the Romulan people.
Meanwhile In the Romulan/Federation situation is mainly unchanged. Our borders have become a very real neutral zone that extend from Romulan held wormholes in the Delta Quadrant south towards the Lysia system (a Klingon colony where all three empires have established embassies to exchange insults with one another :P
Romulan outposts, Federation sensor net, and disputed territory... couldn't ask for it any better aye? :)
So playing only a couple turns in the last days due to conflicting schedules and sleepy Romulan Praetor we are at turn 230 with Romulans now in a position to explore that wormhole exit in the Alpha quadrant that led to that unknown threat........ Stay tuned everyone :)
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

man, reads like a novel:) keep it going....
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

With the Denobula Triaxa system firmly under KLINGON control, we quickly established an outpost in the sector to gain range for a swift and tactical strike against Cardassian raiders harassing Terok Nor in the allied sector of Bajor. Some turns later, the Bajorans are now our brothers-in-arms. Meanwhile, we have reason to believe Cardassian forces are en route to retake the Gamma Pi and Ancha systems; we are correct as you can see 117 ships en route. Klingon and Maquis ships are diverted to the nebula, however a tactical invasion of one of their northern star systems has diverted the massive taskforces back towards Terok Nor.

In light of the Cardassian fleet movements, 2 fleets of moderately trained Frigate II's are ordered to intercept a taskforce of 5 Cardassian warships. The battle ensues and all 5 warships are destroyed, with no losses, of course.

Meanwhile, as the peace treaty with the Federation has been all but forgotten, a small rogue group, as Klingon intelligence has suggested, has began belligerent acts of aggression on unarmed Federation colonists and military installations. It is unknown at this time exactly HOW MANY ships and of what type they control at this time. The Chancellor will be sure to inform the Federation government when any information becomes available.

Klingon intelligence has also reported a vessel matching Klingon design among the Romulan fleet, a design which has not been formally approved for release to the Romulan Empire. Should the Chancellor catch wind of this treachery, I fear the good relations between our peoples would dissolve rather quickly.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Recent intelligence reports CLEARLY state the involvement of ROMULAN spies sabotaging allied vessels! This has led to the destablization of the Affiliation Pacts of 2290 between the Klingon and Romulan empires, however unbeknownst to either of the empires, there was a temporal paradox created by a well known source (aka trek.exe ;)).

Poised for a defensive strike, Klingon warships eagerly linger near the Klingon outpost at Zytchin. The battle which ensued did not last long, as the weaker Romulan fleet was picked apart ship-by-cheaply-produced-ship, and eventually would have fallen victim to the glorious might of the mighty Klingon Empire had it not been for those pesky temporal anomalies!

In the prime timeline, the affiliation between the Klingon and Romulan empires continues strong for another 4-5 turns, or the equivalent of little more than 1 year. With tensions running high due to the advent of the closure of the treaty, this has led to a number of minor conflicts between the superpowers, some regarding territory, others covert activities. The Chancellor will not allow Romulan spy scouts to hold their positions so close to Klingon territory, and they are ordered immediate decommissioning or destruction, their choice. Should they choose to decommission, a transport ship will ferry the Romulan 'guests' back to the nearest Romulan outpost.

The Romulan colony ships were ordered to vacate their claims to the Iota Borealis star system, as it would be in their best interests anyways. It will become a Klingon colony in time.

MEANWHILE, near the Klingon Federation Romulan border near Lysia, rogue Klingons radicals have commandeered 2 B'rel Cruisers and one experimental command vessel, the details of which are classified at the present time. Efforts are being sought to locate these warships and bring them back under the Chancellors control, however with Federation warships encroaching within Klingon territory, our patience in the matter has all but worn very, very thin. The Chancellor has personally dispatched refitted D'tai and new K'vort class warships to the Federation border to search for the traitorous Klingon radicals. Steps are being taken to reassure the Federation President that this is a completely internal affair and will be dealt with as swiftly as possible.

Meanwhile one the warfront, the main Klingon fleet is engaged in front line conflict with the Cardassian Union, many Keldon and Galor class warships have been spotted moving towards the Cardassian controlled sector 13.12.

*Klingon battlecry*
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

These are perilous times, indeed. The UFP stands firmly in between the edge of known space, the Romulan Empire, and the satellite Klingon Empire. "Rogue" Klingon vessels have continued their incursions into Federation space and thus far have inflicted moderate casualties on the development in the aligned sectors. So far, over a dozen Excelsior-refits and a handful of Ambassador, Constellation, and Centaur-class ships have begun reinforcing the Federation border along the Klingon-Federation Neutral zone. Starfleet has dispatched two long-range Constellation class cruisers into Klingon space in order to aid the Klingons in what is becoming a large diplomatic blunder for the Empire in the hopes of finding a solution to the "rogue" ships. The Chancellor would like the Federation to believe this is purely an internal Klingon matter, but with human casualties all across the border it is impossible for Starfleet to sit by while the Klingon Defence Force deals with the problem. They are already spread thin thanks to the war against the Cardassian/Dominion Alliance. It remains all too convenient for the Klingons to deal with this matter slowly, as it has moderately hampered Federation development in the area. Should the Klingons be planning to launch a surprise attack against the UFP the rebels are doing the initial dirty work for the "Empire". With any luck, in a short time each sensor-net taskforce will be accompanied by at least one Excelsior-refit plus numerous armed turrets as defence, and each nearby system will be defended by a state-of-the-art starbase.

Relations with the Romulans have never been better, despite their lasting peace with the Klingons. A friendship treaty has been signed between the UFP and the Romulan Empire, however, the onset of the "rogue" Klingon attacks on Federation ships and stations has prompted Starfleet to respond by expanding the border reinforcement efforts to the colonies and sensor-nets on the Federation-Romulan neutral zone as well. These sensor-net taskforces will also be escorted by at least one Excelsior-refit cruiser as well as numerous armed turrets. Should the scanning turrets be destroyed, they are backed up by multiple planet and asteroid-based relay stations and asteroid outposts in order to detect any cloaked ships. With the Tholians becoming members of the Romulan Empire, the Romulan-Federation neutral zone has expanded once again and Starfleet has promised to reinforce supply lines and increase ship and facility construction to better facilitate this "border reinforcement" effort.

It's official, relations with the Borg Collective are dire. At any moment war could break out. With the threat of more "rogue" Klingon vessels entering Federation space, and the secrecy and uncertainty surrounding the Romulan Empire, there is a rush to improve the efficiency of the shipyards and industry in the satellite territories. The old Miranda class light cruisers are tiring of continually chasing Borg destroyers out of Federation space, as the satellite shipyards push themselves to the limit to introduce the new Miranda-refit cruiser and Centaur-class destroyer to deal with the threat. The remainder of the fleet is keeping the major Borg fleets at bay by destroying outposts, armed colony ships and armed assimilators that the Collective continually builds out of it's shipyards. Despite three major victories vs the Collective, the situation doesn't seem to really improve despite Romulan pressure on the other side of Borg space.

"Notify StarFleet Command: We've engaged the Borg."

Fighting through the Borg cutting beams, at the expense of a valiant Constellation Class cruiser and her crew that took the bulk of the cutting beams, the Federation fleet got within torpedo range of the Borg outpost and absolutely unloaded on the station. It did not last much longer.

To make matters worse, Starfleet Intelligence was informed that the Borg Collective and the Cardassian/Dominion Alliance signed a military affiliation treaty shortly after the UFP and Dominion Alliance made first contact. With the Klingons still breathing down the necks of the Dominion and Cardassians, it is hard to believe they could launch an assault with the Collective on the satellite territory, but Starfleet is determined to be prepared for any outcome. In the advent of a war, hopefully the Romulans will join forces with the UFP in dealing with the Borg threat.

As you can see the Federation has launched three successful preemptive strikes against Borg outposts near the border. The Argala, Gamma Centauri, and Outpost 10.33 have been destroyed.

The galactic map at tick 244:

xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

[]....ACCESS DENIED......[]
......Talshiar sealed data disks......
<Continuing Committee eyes only>

However reports are coming from the Federation News Service that Section 31 agents managed to steal a map readout of the current state of GALACTIC affairs. The map was displaying the latest in Romulan defensive capabilities and statistics... fortunately the coordinates are NOT shown.................
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Tensions between the Klingon Empire and the UFP are on the decline as the "rogue" Klingon cruisers have been dealt with. The Federation continues to strengthen it's borders as Starfleet is still committed to the "border reinforcement project". A non-agression treaty has been signed between the two empires but it comes at a cost. The "rogue" klingon vessels destroyed 2 outposts, 4 Liberator-class troop transports, 2 Excelsior-refit cruisers, 1 Ambassador-class cruiser, 1 Oberth-class scout, 1 Shelley-class colony ship and countless scanner turrets. Starfleet will monitor the Klingon border with vigilance should anything transpire.

But for now, there is peace and this peace could not come at a better time. Before the Klingons and Federation agreed on a treaty, the fears of the satellite-Federation were realized: the Dominion-Borg military affiliation was a precursor to declaring war on the UFP. This event helped inspire Federation diplomats to do their best when in talks with the Klingons. The Klingons are believed to have understood they could not, at the moment, handle a war on two fronts and were also eager to come to terms.

Unknown to the general population, Starfleet has been preparing for an invasion of Borg space for some time: ever since the Collective broke the affiliation treaty. Knowing that the Dominion would be quite busy with the Klingons and not mobilize to Borg space immediately, Starfleet dispatched the "Alpha" taskforce from the Nausicaan sector to begin liberating borg drones from the Collective immediately after the declaration of war. Having destroyed the majority of Borg outposts, and with the Borg fleet away from the Federation border (presumably trying to deal with the increased Romulan incursions into their space) the Alpha taskforce made quick work of liberating the Borg worlds. Argala, Drexis Minor, Zeta Volantis, and Tekara were welcomed into the Federation within weeks of each other and with open arms. So many races taken from their homeworlds by force are now independent again. Some people have decided to return home and the Federation is seeing to it that armed transports unite these people with their homes, while others have decided to call the Federation their new home. Despite the positives, there has still been a large loss of life and will continue to be until either the Borg-Dominion Alliance agrees to peace, or they are destroyed. Starfleet will see to it. The first three system liberations cost Starfleet over a dozen ships, and they are committed to ensuring those brave men and women did not die in vain.

Somehow, in dealing with the Romulans, the Collective made a grave mistake - they left Unimatrix 01 defended by only a single outpost. With 17k+ hitpoints and shields, still a formidable defensive structure, however the Apha taskforce is designed for and experienced with this sort of battle. The "Battle of Unimatrix 01"

At the cost of a single ship, the Alpha task force was victorious. But the battle is far from over. Scans indicated Unimatrix 01 to be guarded by 12 active orbital defence platforms and numerous surface-based defence structures. The eventual outcome was a victorious liberation of the species in Unimatrix 01, but at a very high cost. Starfleet is committed to ending hostilities and with as few casualties as possible but with a Dominion force of Light Warships scouted by long-range scanners on it's way to aid the Collective, there may be no celebrating yet.

We can only hope for a lasting peace with the Romulan and Klingon Empires, and for a swift resolution to the war with the Dominion-Borg Alliance. A war that has already come at too high a cost.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Consolidation of the Romulan Empire is nearing its final stages. The core systems have established the last installment of the latest turrets and orbital battery emplacements. The frontier worlds have established defense stations and scanner outposts and are currently installing planet based heavy plasma torpedo launchers. Nothing enters Romulan territory without us knowing about it. <**Phase V of consolidation classified to Naval Clearance Omega and higher**> The Astrophysics Institute continues to make groundbreaking advances in offensive and defensive technologies as well as new intelligence networks. Our spies and saboteurs have managed to steal or destroy over a dozen Dominion and Cardassian vessels including one Dominion heavy battlecruiser docked at a supply station awaiting crew transfers. We have crippled the Borg's ability to feed its population on four worlds. We also are closely watching Federation and Klingon fleet and troop movements in the event of duplicity regarding our recent treaties with each empire. The Klingons continue to play cat and mouse games with the Dominion fleet while their worlds fall easily to the might of their troops. The Klingon ambassador states the war is not over until every Dominion and Cardassian world has the Klingon banner fluttering in the wind.
Meanwhile, approximately a year and a half (10 turns) has transpired since the Borg Collective and Dominion Alliance declared war on the Federation. The peace loving Federation; however, mobilized swiftly and started a blitzkrieg across their territory. Within mere months Unimatrix 01, the homeworld of the Borg Collective, fell to the might of thousands of Starfleet marines. Several other worlds have fallen as well and efforts are under way to disconnect the populace from the Hive mind. The Federation have been deemed heroes from the people of the liberated worlds.
The Romulan Praetor offers his congratulations for liberating the population on the Borg homeworld...

Romulan morale and loyalty continue to remain strong in these times of war. The people are happy we have remained neutral but now the time has come for the Romulan empire to expand...........
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

your turns become slow :lol:

but what an epic!! :o 8O :o
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

*cough* what do i have to see here? an old Borg Starbase? when will you update to the new models? it's almost a year now since i finished that model
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55

Return to “Multiplayer Games”