change to tactical commands

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

change to tactical commands

Post by ruthlessferengi »

now that we have multiple mods available with brand new different types of command ships that are actually playable with decent range/speed, i wonder if it is possible to change the tactical commands a bit... I liked XDX's changes with "fire while retreating" etc but i wonder if it is possible to take it a step further...e.g.
1. possible to target a subtype of heavies (say, u have hc and assault cruiser mix),
2. target the ships with shields less than 50% (or affected)? ...
3. target a portion of the group (i.e. select say 5 of 8 ships out of the group of say 20...

thanks!
rf
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: change to tactical commands

Post by gentle »

.. and another combat option, that i saw it in TC Multiplayer mode but i never manage to make it work, the cloack during battle option. I think it will be an excellent addition for the futures versions of mods, improving strategic options of the player. Just imagine a first strike with CC and assault ships who soften the enemy ships, then, next turn, destroyers decloacking to mix in the fight and some of the damaged CC cloacking and eventually retreat or rejoin the battle. It will be a great upgrade for UDM4, UDM5, UDM6 and other UDMs :D(romulans will have something to cheers, but for klingons it will be a big plus thru the world of minuses that they must endure) Also for those who use Breen and Yridian commandos behind enemy line chasing TT and colony ships it will be a good option.
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

..for what RF said above i think he want a less time consuming command then select ship/attack ship. a group command as "group attack one target" it will be nice, making players to use more destroyers or other small ships instead of mass CC, hi hi, it will be fun to see a damaged CC finished by a concentrate fire of 20TT :D
Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

Bringing back the "Evade" option would be nice too.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”