Multiplay Lockup

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

grezo1
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Multiplay Lockup

Post by grezo1 »

I'm having a strange issue when I try to play either direct TCP/IP or on warzone. When I am using the direct IP method the game allows me to enter the IP and click connect, but the game goes into a "Not Responding" state and stays there. It might be relevant to note this is only when I type the IP correctly. On Warzone, when I click [New Multi -Player Game] It locks up with the "Not Responding" again, weather I am hosting or my friend is. The game runs fine single player and I am using version 1.0.2 which I downloaded from the same place my Friend did. His game works fine and he is able to get to Empire selection where he waits for me to connect.

We have tried re installing, Opening ports in my router, disabling firewalls, Downloading old Direct X and to no avail. I am hoping this is a quick fix that I am just not seeing. Thanks a bunch.
Rezo
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Multiplay Lockup

Post by thunderchero »

Hi grezo1,

first lets cover IP's

there are 2 different IP's you will have.

private IP
this is the IP that is used behind your router and shows in control panel/adapter/status/detail named ipv4 address this is only used if you are playing against someone that is connected to your router and no port forwarding is needed.

public IP
this is what most will see when you visit anywhere on the web (and can be seen on left of main page in user information on this site) port forwarding is required.

connecting with direct ip (not in same location on different routers)
when starting a multiplayer game each player will need to know the public IP of the player that will host. and both player must enter the exact same IP. And all the proper ports must be open.

connecting with direct ip (same location on single routers)
when starting a multiplayer game each player will need to know the private IP of the player that will host. and both player must enter the exact same IP. no open ports are required.

connecting on warzone (warzone will not allow connection of same location on single routers)
when starting a multiplayer game each player will not need to know the IP of the player that will host (warzone gets this info for you). But all the proper ports must be open. and pass DX port test on warzone.

BTW bypass does not work for BOTF on warzone.

when setting up port forwarding be sure to assign the ports to your public IP.

these are just the basics and without knowing why you are failing to launch it could be many things causing problems (firewall, antivirus, even your router blocking data due to missing a setting, some time wireless needs special setting in router too).

good luck

thunderchero
grezo1
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Multiplay Lockup

Post by grezo1 »

we think it might be my router as well. I can not pass the DX test in warzone. It locks up just like the game oddly enough.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”