New CBS ST TV Series Teaser Coming in 2017

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

cleverwise
Captain
Captain

New CBS ST TV Series Teaser Coming in 2017

Post by cleverwise »

Hello Community,

A teaser of the upcoming new CBS TV Star Trek series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpPweAooeE

I hope it is better than the JJ Abrams junk.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: New CBS ST TV Series Teaser Coming in 2017

Post by Martok »

I'll admit I thought the teaser video was pretty decent; it gave me "the feels". :up:

Of course, the teaser trailer for the 2009 film was awesome too (whereas the movie itself was shit), so one should take it with a grain of salt or three. :roll:

I have few, if any, expectations for this series. Still, with Nicholas Meyer signed on, it could be decent. You never know.

On the other hand, I view (aside from the premier episode) CBS adding this series to their to-pay "All Access" service as a dick move. :dwn: You're gonna force Trekkies to pay extra for a show that might very well be crap after the first episode? Bad form!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Obviously we shall see. If you recall the DS9 teaser wasn't anything like what was produced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmT-Dxuj8U8

I have some hopes for a new series but if they do anything like JJ Abrams argh! I would like to see ST return to morality or take a different POV like follow the Klingons or Romulans and tell the story from that view point.

As for CBS All Access to me that is fine. I am a cord cutter anyway and find "regular"/traditional TV a dying outdated model that is of zero interest to me.

Jeremy
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

I just keep thinking that Gene Roddenberry is rolling in his grave about CBS owning Star Trek in the first place. Given the now well-publicized thing they did to him when he first pitched Star Trek to them.
Granted, the people responsible are probably as dead as Gene is now, but still, every account I've read of that said he never forgot or forgave them for picking his brain just so they could steal his ideas for their show Lost In Space.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

It will be interesting to see what develops.

Jeremy
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

well, this show needs to offer something new besides, new heroes, new villains, etcpp.

We - as Trekkies - are super critical and have high expectations. And rightly so. This show will be torn apart if it isn't anything ST-like as we know it; if it doesn't carry Gene's spirit in some way. All the CGI you could throw at it won't fix a broken spiritual successor.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I agree that the new series needs some stories with morality and all. There is talk the new series could follow multiple crews to give the feel of a bigger fleet.

Jeremy
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I was always hoping for The Sulu Years. Sadly that will never happen now. What is sad is it looks like it's going to be in the same time line that The Sulu Years were suppose to be in.

Also if it's each season is a different crew, then this will fail big time. It takes about Season 3 for things to gel and people to get to know who they like and love. TNG didn't become good until season 3. Same for DS9 and Voyager. Even Enterprise didn't become good until season 3 but then it was too late.

So if you keep changing the crew it will fail. Either people will love the crew and when changed people will be upset, or changing the crew and cast they will never gel and will be season one for the new crew all the time never getting to season 3 where we find them gelled and know who and what they are.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

We shall see how they do it. They could follow a new crew each season or simply have multiple crews they follow which would mean you'll get a sense that StarFleet is bigger. As with anything we'll have to see how it is done.

Jeremy

Return to “General Chat”