What can I do to help

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: What can I do to help

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! I'll add those to the next release.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:Thanks! I'll add those to the next release.
let me know if you want me to remove the alarm from the Supernova.. I was up in the air about having it in there or not.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

These files are kind large for sound effects, aren't they? 6 megs vs 80K for ReligiousHoliday...
Any way to cut down on their size? Or half the game's size will be SoundFX ;)

Re Supernova, yeah, maybe. These sounds are just for the player to take notice, not to annoy ;) Not saying it's annoying, though, just joking.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:These files are kind large for sound effects, aren't they? 6 megs vs 80K for ReligiousHoliday...
Any way to cut down on their size? Or half the game's size will be SoundFX ;)

Re Supernova, yeah, maybe. These sounds are just for the player to take notice, not to annoy ;) Not saying it's annoying, though, just joking.
yeah they are all wav files. so I can make them mp3 to compress them
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! I'll release a new build tomorrow, with these included.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

New Klingon game music

https://youtu.be/PBCK37xN_WQ

Valcoren
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Can you elaborate? Did you make this? Can it be used?
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Yes I did create it, and yes it will be ready along with Cardies, and Roms soon
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Cardassia game music

https://youtu.be/KUTa7kU_hd4

Valcoren
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Valcoren wrote:Cardassia game music

Valcoren
I really like the Cardassian theme, is there a download link or something so I can put it in my game before the next update since that'll be a while away.

(Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

AndrewOshawott wrote:and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game)
The Dominion sounds in UDM I created using a very old text to speech software. :wink:

feel free to use them
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

AndrewOshawott wrote:
Valcoren wrote:Cardassia game music

Valcoren
I really like the Cardassian theme, is there a download link or something so I can put it in my game before the next update since that'll be a while away.

(Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?

I'll add the new music to the BB if Iceman can place them to a mini patch
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote: I'll add the new music to the BB if Iceman can place them to a mini patch
Sure, I was going to ask you if you were going to upload them. I thought you would do the Rom one first, though, since you mentioned these 3.
We already have Kling and Card main themes though, so we'll have to figure where (which screen) to use these (or the others). Suggestions?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

AndrewOshawott wrote: (Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?
If you can bundle those sounds up and upload them to BB or facilitate them in some other form (email?), all neatly identified, I'll gladly add them to the game. That'd be a big help! I'm kind of busy fixing a few things in random events and the Borg, and a few more things ;)

Which sound effect(s) in the Fed folder are you refering to? Most of the UI sounds should be read from the proper folder, and I've actually fixed one of them (Warning.wav) a couple of days ago. For now I've moved it to the SoundFX folder, but I'll try to make it civ-specific.
Thanks in advance!
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

Iceman wrote:
AndrewOshawott wrote: (Question for Iceman) Also, I was reminded by this video, that every empire uses the federation sound for the "right click menu," which I changed with the original sounds from BOTF. Also, Every empire uses the Cardassian turn sound which I find interesting not being the Fed's. (also the Romulans and maybe Dominion (I'm not sure on them since they weren't in the original game) use the sound effect in the federation folder due to a glitch) but is there anywhere I can put the original sounds so people can update theirs?
If you can bundle those sounds up and upload them to BB or facilitate them in some other form (email?), all neatly identified, I'll gladly add them to the game. That'd be a big help! I'm kind of busy fixing a few things in random events and the Borg, and a few more things ;)

Which sound effect(s) in the Fed folder are you refering to? Most of the UI sounds should be read from the proper folder, and I've actually fixed one of them (Warning.wav) a couple of days ago. For now I've moved it to the SoundFX folder, but I'll try to make it civ-specific.
Thanks in advance!
GameContextMenu Sound Files (Also I have confirmed that both the Dominion and Romulans suffer from this)

Return to “Supremacy”