Star Trek Discovery

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

eber3
Captain
Captain

Star Trek Discovery

Post by eber3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:45 am

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Martok » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am

Nope, still don't care.

Between CBS putting the show on their for-pay "All-Access" service and (perhaps more importantly) the way they screwed over Axanar -- and by extension, all other fan films/projects -- they can suck my left nut.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Yeah, I don't blame you. From everything I'm hearing about the show, it doesn't sound very promising to me... however I'm still somewhat interested in seeing it and hopeful that it's good. That said, no way am I going to pay extra to watch it. I already pay for satellite tv which includes CBS, which is where it SHOULD be airing in the first place. I'll just wait for it to be available on dvd then watch it from Netflix.

cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:44 am

Yeah my interest in CBS and Paramount ST has gone down hill after the Axanar lawsuit. However I also feel like that team sold out. Axanar higher ups talked all big about fighting to the end then just said we surrender.

Now granted they are a small team VS the giants of CBS and Paramount but still all that talk about fighting for years if needed and then just say nah we quit. That took a lot of the wind out of the sails for Axanar IMO. Plus now they are going to change it in major ways so it won't conflict with ST yet they are still trying to say it is ST. Nope.

Axanar's interest, for me, was building on the ST lore before Kirk arrived and expanding the ST universe. Now that they will change it in major ways it is just another sci-fi ST knock off.

ST seems to be finished. CBS and Paramount have done a great job at killing it.
Trek On,

Jeremy
Pssstt... I got a cute Tribble for you.

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 am

Well I'm glad you're still able to look forward to Discovery with at least some degree of optimism, eber. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I'm with cleverwise; I think that Star Trek on TV/movies is done, at least in a form I could recognize/enjoy.

cleverwise wrote:Yeah my interest in CBS and Paramount ST has gone down hill after the Axanar lawsuit. However I also feel like that team sold out. Axanar higher ups talked all big about fighting to the end then just said we surrender.

Now granted they are a small team VS the giants of CBS and Paramount but still all that talk about fighting for years if needed and then just say nah we quit. That took a lot of the wind out of the sails for Axanar IMO. Plus now they are going to change it in major ways so it won't conflict with ST yet they are still trying to say it is ST. Nope.

Axanar's interest, for me, was building on the ST lore before Kirk arrived and expanding the ST universe. Now that they will change it in major ways it is just another sci-fi ST knock off.

ST seems to be finished. CBS and Paramount have done a great job at killing it.

Some excellent points, cleverwise.

Yes, CBS/Paramount have taken the completely wrong approach to Axanar (and fan projects in general), but it was sorely disappointing how the Axanar people suddenly decided to give up and roll over after all their brave talk. Perhaps they had very good reason(s) to do what they did, but if so, then they shouldn't have been constantly talking about "fighting the good fight" in the first place. As it is, I suspect a lot of folks (especially those those who were donors) feel betrayed/screwed over by them almost as much as by CBS/Paramount.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Martok wrote:Well I'm glad you're still able to look forward to Discovery with at least some degree of optimism, eber.

I'm not sure how much Optimism I have. More like wishful hoping... kind of like hoping Santa Claus comes on Christmas Eve even though I know he doesn't exist... but gee, wouldn't it be neat if he DID show up?

Anyway, here's the second part of this guys video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n8lnCBF4Cw&feature=youtu.be

If those are really Klingons, then I think they've already ruined the show before it started, they look like reptile humanoids. We've already got two styles of Klingons, we definitely don't need more. These look more like the Remans than klingons. I hope whoever said they are Klingons is just wrong or purposely misleading people. (See it's not Optimism!!!! It's just wishing REALLY REALLY hard that this show won't suck!)

Return to “General Chat”