Combat Discussion

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Conquering/boarding ships/stations via a slightly altered 'ram' command?

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Iceman wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:33 pm
Will the new Unity licensing affect this project (e.g. in event of more than 200,000 installations) :grin: :up: :?:
Oh, definitely :cool:
Then you are strongly advised to fortify your defenses. The Unity bandits might send a squadron of raiders for some extra dosh...

I'd send a few pre-emptive ATR-4107's to eliminate any risk. Better safe than sorry. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Assimilator8472
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Combat Discussion

Post by Assimilator8472 »

Hello,
Had a minor race attack an outpost and my combat engine would not load and was extremely sluggish, also had a few error crash's unhandled exception. Do you need my save file? Also on the version from the main website Supremacy CE Preview. Curious where to download the Dev version? Also is there any way I could help with the development?
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Iceman wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:09 pm
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:09 pm In BotF there is also some sort of phaser glitch (RateOfFire bug?) i.e. in turn 1 most ships fire first out-of-range phaser shots (all missing).
Misfire is going to implement this feature for nostalgic reasons, of course (see his name). :wink: :wink:
ROTFLMAO.
Here's how that negligent discharge glitch looks in BotF:

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Spocks-cuddly-tribble on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Looks kind of familiar,... :roll:
► Show Spoiler
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Well, your example at least has kind of a purpose...

Should I put my example pics in spoiler tags (loading times for slow internet connections)? Post updated, just in case.
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:39 am Well, your example at least has kind of a purpose...

Should I put my example pics in spoiler tags (loading times for slow internet connections)? Post updated, just in case.
Idk,...to what i know, there is no rule or such suggestion, I on other hand been doing it for 15+years,
and not sure if i had reason, but by now, i simply do it

not always, so i guess, per-person, content, idk :lol:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Misfire has fixed part of the issue with lone stations. They don't attack yet, but it'll get there. :up:
Danijel
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Danijel »

Iceman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:20 am Misfire has fixed part of the issue with lone stations. They don't attack yet, but it'll get there. :up:
jumping0044.gif
jumping0044.gif (12.91 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
► Show Spoiler
Starbucking
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Starbucking »

Is it normal for the CE version of the game to crash when fighting Rom colony ships or Fed Outposts/Starbases?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Starbucking.

Yes, unfortunately there is an issue with the CE version that causes it to crash when one of the sides only has a station, because stations are not in the released CE version yet; Misfire is working on a fix, and he has already added stations in a yet to be released build.
There is a warning in the original topic about it:
WARNING: there is an issue where the game will crash in battles where one side only has a station (stations are not included in the combat engine yet). This is currently being looked into.
One way to "fix" the crash is to edit the TechTrees.xml file in the Data folder, and remove all construction ships from all empires, and also remove any stations from the HomeSystems.xml file (Ferengi, Edo, Ocampa).
This way, no stations will ever enter combat. It's a crappy fix, but until Misfire gets it fully fixed, it's the best we have.
Starbucking
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Starbucking »

Understood. What about the Romulan colony ships? Every time I try to stop one of those ships and go into combat the game will either completely freeze in the CE or straight up crash.
Iceman wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:36 pm Hi Starbucking.

Yes, unfortunately there is an issue with the CE version that causes it to crash when one of the sides only has a station, because stations are not in the released CE version yet; Misfire is working on a fix, and he has already added stations in a yet to be released build.
There is a warning in the original topic about it:
WARNING: there is an issue where the game will crash in battles where one side only has a station (stations are not included in the combat engine yet). This is currently being looked into.
One way to "fix" the crash is to edit the TechTrees.xml file in the Data folder, and remove all construction ships from all empires, and also remove any stations from the HomeSystems.xml file (Ferengi, Edo, Ocampa).
This way, no stations will ever enter combat. It's a crappy fix, but until Misfire gets it fully fixed, it's the best we have.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Starbucking wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:56 pm Understood. What about the Romulan colony ships? Every time I try to stop one of those ships and go into combat the game will either completely freeze in the CE or straight up crash.
That's odd. Never heard of this. Will check, thanks!
The Romulan Colony Ship I was the model used for all the minor race ships and other non-existing models (Misfire used it as the default ship model). It was changed later to the pirate ship.
Might have something to do with this, will have to check with Misfire.

edit:
Just tested it and I could engage a Romulan Colony Ship I just fine.
Can you post the crash log here, please? It should be in the Logs folder. Thanks.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There is indeed an issue with a Romulan ship, the Colony Ship II. I can still zoom in and out, but for some reason the model is there but can't be interacted with. The game becomes non-responsive when I hit Turn. I'll let Misfire know.
Thanks!
Starbucking
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Starbucking »

Glad to hear you found the problem! Sorry for the delay as work has been very brutal.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

If you find any other issues, please let us know.

Return to “Supremacy”