Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

UM5 errors

Post by Ovarwa »

Hi,

Not sure if this is the sort of issue you are looking for, since this kind of thing might be more appropriate for Dafedz to look at:

I installed UM5 using https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/lib/ ... 2.0.3b.exe, started up a game, and found that Cardassians at Tech 2 start with an Intel Sub-Station, which requires Computer 8. That's probably not right.

I'm also not sure if the Federation is uniquely intended to not progress Strike Cruisers and Battleships from level III to IV. (I was wondering about this on the version I downloaded from the previous installer.

If all of this is intended, that's good to know!

Anyway,

Ken
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UM5 errors

Post by thunderchero »

Ovarwa wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:30 am That's probably not right.
the ships I expect is intended :wink: since ship model changes, so it is not an upgrade.

as for Intel Sub-Station, I am not sure but since tech start 3 does not have Intel Sub-Station I would also guess it is mistake on start 1 and 2
Ovarwa
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Ovarwa »

thunderchero wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 am
Ovarwa wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:30 am That's probably not right.
the ships I expect is intended :wink: since ship model changes, so it is not an upgrade.
I'm sure it was intended at some point, but not so sure that this wasn't missed over the course of various revisions of the mod, in which ship rosters seem to have became more similar.

EDIT:

Hmm. I think the starting buildings need to be checked. The Romulans get Public Games at Developed, which is too early; they have 2 shipyards at Early. Hmm. Everyone seems to get a Union Shipyard at Early. And there are Thermal Tethers (Energy 6) at Early too. So I also wonder if the number of starting Main Buildings for each <Empire, Tech Level> is correct. And whether the lack of Science Institutes is intentional or an oversight, though on a quick glance, it is consistent across empires. But State Rations is now buildable only by Cardassians, yet this shows up on Romulus and Omarion too.

Anyway,

Ken
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

This is something Dafedz would need to correct when he updates his mod.
or if he approves changes I would make basic changes removing early/wrong starting structures

Return to “Ultimate Mod”