Program tips........A useful thread perhaps??

Need help with a program come ask here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Program tips........A useful thread perhaps??

Post by MajorPayne » Wed May 05, 2004 2:53 pm

Okay then guys and gals (as I know theres a few girls that like 3d modelling as well), I've decided that after my recent, and might I add, highly annoying reinstall problem with 3dmax studio 5 I would post this sticky so that others might add to it. Call it a sort of useful hints and tips thread, or even an FAO, erm, I mean FAQ. Anyway, to get the ball rolling (so to speak), with reference to a thread I posted concerning a problem starting 3dmax studio I have found out what files were causing the non-starting problem, so here goes.

Now this excercise is to be written in the following fashion:

PROBLEM

Use the B button above so that the tag is in BOLD and capitalised as well. Then fill in the problem you had.

SOLUTION

Next the obvious solution. Now this can be in any form from diagrams to already posted information (if another website is used then please use a link to the page, not a copy/paste job).

Anyway. On with the show.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Wed May 05, 2004 2:56 pm

PROBLEM

3d max studio (version 5. Not sure if this will work with other versions) refusing to start. This is based on a correctly installed program which allows the running to the splash screen (this splash screen also shows the list of files and plugins which are being loaded as well).

SOLUTION

To correct this there are four plugins you need to either remove, delete or simply rename (I used the .BAK additional extension as max will still ignore them). These are the files:

DwgExp.dle
DwgImp.dli
emproxy.dlo
IgesExp.DLE

These are located usually in the STDPLUGINS directory of your 3dmax studio 5 installation. Consdering I've had this problem and sorted it twice in this fashion this definately works.

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:07 pm

PROBLEM

When exporting it reads some parts of your mesh as having invalid animation and this mesh does not show or shows inverted in game.

SOLUTION

First it's best to collapse all none animated mesh that uses the same texture. Select the mesh that was displayed as giving the error and right click then convert to editable mesh. Next click on the utilities icon (Hammer in the top right) and click reset Xform then reset selected. This may have a side effect of inverting the mesh so take a close look at it, if it has make sure your mesh is still selected and click modifiers/mesh editing/nomal modifier then tick flip normals (on the right hand side). Now export again.