armada 2 new ships

Need help with a program come ask here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

moonwalker
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

armada 2 new ships

Post by moonwalker » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:54 am

As a beginner, I used an existing model as an example, specially that of Deemon.
Using MS3D I built it from the start.
It could allways be done better, but on the whole I’m pleased with the result.

I’ve some questions:

The lightstrobe joints were not in place in Armada 2, so I didn’t use them. Can be done something to it?

What can I do to add shadow effects onto my ship in game?

Surma
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Surma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:20 am

1: Uuuuh, im not sure what you are asking for in the question containing the word "lightstrobe".

2: Texture working. If you dont feel like that, try combining the polys you want to shade in one group, connect it to a material and press the ambient and emissive buttons. Select the black colour. experiment with that :)

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:42 pm

The lights are referenced in the lights.spr file. You just need to check this file and make a note of the strobe light names. In general most models tend to use redstrobe and greenstrobe. The reference for this is s_ so you need to use the following renamed joints:

s_redstrobe
s_greenstrobe

On some federation vessels you'll see a sort of wide angled white light, sometimes just on a saucer top front. This is done using the following sprite:

s_whiteconstbig

Be warned that is must be placed using the top view and will require rotating around 90 degree forward to its almost flat to the hull.