RELEASE:Unlocked Import/Export plugins for Milkshape

Need help with a program come ask here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

RELEASE:Unlocked Import/Export plugins for Milkshape

Post by Book » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:20 am

When Chris from assimsoft made that plugin he allowed me and a few others to have an unlocked version of that plugin and also released the source code to that plugin so anyone could remove the lock and then rerelease as they saw fit, I have now edited that source and am releasing the A2 SOD importer for milkshape unlocked here for anyone who wants to have it.

If you guys here at afc would rather it not get out, just delte this.

Link Removed till Admin posts

All code licensed under the gpl.
Last edited by Book on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:02 am

Before posting I would have asked the admins. There have been instances in the past where the decision to release the unlocked plugin was overturned.

I'll be honest, I've just downloaded the plugin myself; but, to be fair, I don't intend to use it until a decision is made.

I'd place the link on hold until then.

Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by shadow » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Before posting you should have thought twice about it. – Really thought. !! – :x
It was not without reason that the importer plug-in was locked.

Surely you have visited other forums ( for SFC 1 – 3 for example), than you should know about the problem creators there have with the stealing of their models.

This problem has grown to such an extend that some creators have even stopped publishing there, or worse, even withdrew their works from those forums.

Do you want that to happen to the Armada community also? Really?

Should we get plagued here with the same problems of theft and falsely clamed copyrights and so on, some creators here will surely start to do likewise. If your work is no longer protected then why publish at all?

If that happens it could be the end, or at least do so much damage that no good models will be available at all.

I know it is an inconvenience to some in the community that they cannot import none stock models. At best it was just a hindrance to them to learn from other creators. (I know that very well. I had to go through a long learning process myself and still have to learn several things.)

For the rest of us it was a protection of seeing your work misused in kitbashes or worse even have to go through long battles over ownership.

In the end you did us no favour at all.

Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:19 pm

i locked the thread this matter has been discuss so many times and i wont have it on theses forums