Need help with a program come ask here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

panicattak125
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

help for an inexperianced wanna-be ship creator

Post by panicattak125 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm

heres an overview of my problem
i want to create a new ship, it is a galaxy saucer section with the naceles ontop of the saucer, this wasnt hard to do as i took a galaxy and deleted the 'neck' and enginering sections and deleted the hardpoints that were on the deleted sections (this is all done on Milkshape 3D) i then exported into a SOD format and viewed it in Storm 3D, aside from the fact it was red there were no problems, i then had to create and ODF file for it and i basicly used a standard galaxy ODF but changed the name and tool tip
when i started to play the game however (as i had the ship as a starting unit) the game crashed
Any help would be apreiached as i would really like to create my own ship and hopefully add it so everyone can download it
P.S: this is for ARMADA 1

Surma
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Surma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 am

You should probably have been more careful when you deleted the joints...

My guess is that you deleted some nodes that are used for either weapons or target.

Take a look in the odf file. write down a list of all the hardpoints (all of the stuff thats called "hp01" etc.). Go through the models nodes, you have a list under the "joints" tab. See if the odf references any nodes that are not on the model. It doesnt matter if there are nodes on the model that are not referenced in the odf. Then either remove references from the odf or add nodes to the model. The first is probably the best course of action.