Need help with a program come ask here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Nif Plugins are here:

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... gins;18852

The only SOD exporter is the one that should also be in the pack above.

As for textures. You can remove the "Alpha channel" light map with either photoshop (which I do not use) or Paint Shop Pro (which I use)

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:34 pm

MajorPayne wrote:Nif Plugins are here:

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... gins;18852

The only SOD exporter is the one that should also be in the pack above.

As for textures. You can remove the "Alpha channel" light map with either photoshop (which I do not use) or Paint Shop Pro (which I use)
Ok, thanks for the link.

Also, how much would Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro cost or is there trial versions?

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Depends on your prefered method of obtaining the program. I myself, have a pretty old version of PSP (v7.4) which I got some years ago. Its known as Paint Shop Pro X4 in the latest version so you might have to try obtaining it via "other" means. The latest version I've seen if v8.0 and its interface is somewhat different to the version I'm using.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:29 pm

MajorPayne wrote:Depends on your prefered method of obtaining the program. I myself, have a pretty old version of PSP (v7.4) which I got some years ago. Its known as Paint Shop Pro X4 in the latest version so you might have to try obtaining it via "other" means. The latest version I've seen if v8.0 and its interface is somewhat different to the version I'm using.
I'll see about getting it.

With the SOD exporter/importer from the "http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... gins;18852", I lost my ability to import non-stock SODs from Armada II into MS3D to even look at them. Where can I get that one back? Also, the HP problem still occured.

I tested it through two of my ships that I had to complete and non-of them worked still with thier weapons, it might be something else because the HP's still didn't export.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm

The non-stock importer is something that is nigh on impossible to obtain now. The only two people I know who "might" have it is Phantom, and the person who made the importer. I've never used it myself as I use UU3d.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:44 pm

MajorPayne wrote:The non-stock importer is something that is nigh on impossible to obtain now. The only two people I know who "might" have it is Phantom, and the person who made the importer. I've never used it myself as I use UU3d.
I don't know really how to get in touch with Phantom and atually don't know who created the original SOD Importer/Exporter. I just know that someone gave me the link to download them when I got MS3D fully installed and I think they e-mailed them to me but I don't have that e-mail anymore either.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Here is a simple work around for Milkshape.

1. Import a stock model...say the enterprise
2. Delete the meshes, and textures but not the hierarchy. Keep that intact.
3. Save this as hierarchy.ms3d
4. Open your model, delete your hierarchy
5. Import the hierarchy.ms3d
6. Update the mesh node in the imported with those specific to your model
7. Reposition the hardpoints accordingly
8. Save as yourmodelvXX.ms3d
9. Export it out in the appropriate armada version. Note: If you export it out as an A1 sod you can use the A1 storm 3d tool to visually check the hps.
10. test in game

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

pepperman wrote:Here is a simple work around for Milkshape.

1. Import a stock model...say the enterprise
2. Delete the meshes, and textures but not the hierarchy. Keep that intact.
3. Save this as hierarchy.ms3d
4. Open your model, delete your hierarchy
5. Import the hierarchy.ms3d
6. Update the mesh node in the imported with those specific to your model
7. Reposition the hardpoints accordingly
8. Save as yourmodelvXX.ms3d
9. Export it out in the appropriate armada version. Note: If you export it out as an A1 sod you can use the A1 storm 3d tool to visually check the hps.
10. test in game
I'll give that a try. After all, I can't import any SODs now except stock ones. :( By any chance do you have or know where I could get a SOD Importer for non-stock models?

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:36 am

The non-stock importer was "illegal" to distribute as far as I remember. I am not sure what the verdict is on that nowadays.

If the rules allow it, I will see about locating it on my backup drive, as I know I had the importer back when I used Milkshape.

jetnova, you can give some free programs a try too like Paint.NET or GIMP. I personally prefer Paint.NET for quick edits. It has everything you'd need to adjust textures. Although drawing ones from scratch is another story...

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:57 pm

MrVulcan wrote:The non-stock importer was "illegal" to distribute as far as I remember. I am not sure what the verdict is on that nowadays.

If the rules allow it, I will see about locating it on my backup drive, as I know I had the importer back when I used Milkshape.

jetnova, you can give some free programs a try too like Paint.NET or GIMP. I personally prefer Paint.NET for quick edits. It has everything you'd need to adjust textures. Although drawing ones from scratch is another story...
I didn't know that about the SOD Importer, be nice to have it again though and be able to at times find missing texture names and compare the models to some others.

I think I might have GIMP at least the installer program, I'll have to find Paint.NET. I do have a program called TgaTool2, it opens TGA files and then if you double click the image, it opens it up in regular Paint, sometimes editing textures save faded though. It has been good for creating Build Buttons though. I'll check the two out you mentioned.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

It was never illegal...in fact, several people knowledgable of C++ have made it. In fact, if you know C++ programming all of the necessary files are there to make the program. All you need to do is edit out the lines of code that check/restrict it too stock models. It was guarded by many in the Armada community becuase of fear of model theft. Other communities were not that guarded. If you don't have the nonstock imported, you could laos find a program called CV as it allows you to open most sod files. You can export them out from CV as mod file (SFC III) and import them inot Milkshape that way.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:44 pm

pepperman wrote:It was never illegal...in fact, several people knowledgable of C++ have made it. In fact, if you know C++ programming all of the necessary files are there to make the program. All you need to do is edit out the lines of code that check/restrict it too stock models. It was guarded by many in the Armada community becuase of fear of model theft. Other communities were not that guarded. If you don't have the nonstock imported, you could laos find a program called CV as it allows you to open most sod files. You can export them out from CV as mod file (SFC III) and import them inot Milkshape that way.
I only want to use the SOD importer because I am not looking to change them or import them into MS3D to edit them, just to see what textures that they are using mostly.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Ok, I attempted a final test for MS3D to see how far the errors that I am having with it actually go.

1) I imported the Stock Armada II SOD file for the Akira-class "fcruise1".

2) I saved the SOD file as a MS3D model and didn't do anything to the ship since it was already complete just resaved as a MS3D file. Now the new ship (SOD & ODF name = "fakiramk2", and the ship is set to be a hero ship in the ODF file.)

3) Tested ship in the game, have the same errors of the ship not using its weapons and since I can't open non-stock SODs I can't check for sure, but I am almost positive that the hardpoints have vanished from this model as well.

4) The downloadable link will give you a screen shot of the ship in the game (look for the # 0 because you can't see the ship if you don't), and remember, this is an unedited Stock model from the game thus shouldn't it be showing up correctly and also use its weapons? None of the weapons work.

I have also attempted to finish another pre-model that was created by "you" Major Payne, the Klingon_Onslaught_Class (suvwl' wovmoHwI class).
Credits
-------
- This low poly mesh created by Major A Payne
- Original concept/design by Azel for the SFC community
- Texture usage from 9 of Nines Negh'Var class
I hardpointed the model correctly and I also used a Stock SOD as a reference point for the heiarchy/tree. The ship has 50 hardpoints ("hp01" - "hp50"), I placed them in the spots that I wanted them to go on to the model and have also created an ODF file for the ship since as I placed the hardpoints, I had an idea for what I wanted them to correspond to. This ship is also having problems ingame.

1) The weapons of course don't fire (Note: she does Cloak and Self Destruct).

2) For some reason, the ship is moving the wrong way and is also facing the wrong direction in the game. (See the other Screen Shot from the game that came with the one for the Akira-class mentioned above.) I have provided two arrows on the screen shot for this starship. The Blue One is for the direction the ship is moving, and the Orange One is pointing to the front (foward) section of the ship.

3) I don't know why this ship is doing this but if you don't mind Major Payne, I could e-mail the MS3D saved version to you if you want me to, I can also do the same for the Akira-class if you want me to, but that was just a test idea.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPZ0O18I

Here is the ODF file for: "kdread4" (Klingon_Onslaught_Class (suvwl' wovmoHwI class))

Code: Select all

#include "dread.odf"

//**********************************************************************
// A2PPX Parameters
physicsFile = "trek_sbatt2phys.odf"
rangeScan = 7650.5f
damagedScan = 6850.5f
avoidanceClass = 10

//Name of Ship class in Ship Display window & in edit mode & tooltip
unitName = "Suvwl' WovmoHwI Class"

//tooltips
tooltip = "Suvwl' WovmoHwI Class"
verboseTooltip = "The Suvwl' WovmoHwI Class, also known as the Onslaught Class, is a type of Proto-Type Klingon Dreadnought and is possibly one of the deadliest ships created by the Alternate Reality Klingon Fleet and also the Prime Universe's Klingon Fleet. Both universes only have one ship in this class, and both are armed to the teeth with the same weaponry."

//Race which can build ship & starting race of ship
race = "klingon"

//This ship is a hero.
isHero = 1

//Set the label as martok
label = "IKS Suvwl' WovmoHwI"

//Amount of time required to build ship
buildTime = 26.0

//Number of officers required to build this ship
officerCost = 14

//Number of crew required to build ship & Starting crew
crewCost = 500

// don't use the horrible old % crew loss on damage
saneCrewLossMethod = 1

//Dilithium Cost to build
dilithiumCost = 350

//Metal Cost to build
metalCost = 120

//Max Shield Strength & Begining Shield Strength <500
maxHealth = 999600

// Hitpoints
shieldGeneratorHitPoints = 99100
enginesHitPoints = 99100
weaponsHitPoints = 99100
lifeSupportHitPoints = 99100
sensorsHitPoints = 99100

//Rate at which shield recharges (points per second... we think)
shieldRate = 2

//Maximum Value of Special Energy
maxSpecialEnergy = 95000

//Rate at which special energy recharges (points per second... we think)
specialEnergyRate = 10

//SHIP NAMES
//Possible Craft Names
possibleCraftNames = 
	"IKS Suvwl' WovmoHwI"

//ART PARAMETERS & WEAPON NAMES

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. I
weapon1 = "klidr2pulse1"
weaponHardpoints1 = "hp03" "hp04"

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. II
weapon2 = "klidr2pulse2"
weaponHardpoints2 = "hp03" "hp04"

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. III
weapon3 = "klidr2pulse3"
weaponHardpoints3 = "hp03" "hp04"

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. I
weapon4 = "klidr2pulse1"
weaponHardpoints4 = "hp05" "hp06"

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. II
weapon5 = "klidr2pulse2"
weaponHardpoints5 = "hp05" "hp06"

// Klingon Class II Pulse Phaser Mk. III
weapon6 = "klidr2pulse3"
weaponHardpoints6 = "hp05" "hp06"

// Advanced Ion Disruptor
weapon7 = "nkpulse"
weaponHardpoints7 = "hp03" "hp04" "hp05" "hp06" "hp11"

// Advanced Ion Disruptor
weapon8 = "nkpulse"
weaponHardpoints8 =  "hp12" "hp15" "hp16" "hp17" "hp18"

// Klingon Class II Phaser Array
weapon9 = "klidr2phas"
weaponHardpoints9 = "hp07" "hp08"

// Klingon Class II Phaser Array
weapon10 = "klidr2phas"
weaponHardpoints10 = "hp09" "hp10"

// Klingon Class II Photon Torpedo Mk. I
weapon11 = "klidr2phot1"
weaponHardpoints11 = "hp01" "hp02"

// Klingon Class II Photon Torpedo Mk. II
weapon12 = "klidr2phot2"
weaponHardpoints12 = "hp01" "hp02"

// Klingon Class III Photon Torpedo Mk. I
weapon13 = "klidr3photm1"
weaponHardpoints13 = "hp01" "hp02"

// Phase Cloaked Torpedo
weapon14 = "kctorp"
weaponHardpoints14 = "hp01" "hp02"

// Self Destruct
weapon15 = "gselfdes"
weaponHardpoints15 = "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"

// Type J6e Cloaking Array
weapon16 = "gkhokcloak"
weaponHardpoints16 = "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"

// Dynamic Shielding System
weapon17 = "gkdss"
weaponHardpoints17 = "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"

// Klingon Secondary Ion Cannon
weapon18 = "gplasmac2"
weaponHardpoints18 = "hp01" "hp02"

// Klingon Bussard Collectors
weapon19 = "kbuss"
weaponHardpoints19 = "hp36" "hp37" "hp38" "hp39" "hp40" "hp41" "hp42" "hp43" "hp44" "hp45"

// Advanced Reactive Armor
weapon20 = "gkara"
weaponHardpoints20 = "hp36" "hp37" "hp38" "hp39" "hp40" "hp41" "hp42" "hp43" "hp44" "hp45" "hp46"

// Launch Klingon Fighters
weapon21 = "gkfighters"
weaponHardpoints21 = "hp46"

// Hardpoints to hit for various systems and other locations.
enginesTargetHardpoints = "hp19" "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp36" "hp37" "hp38" "hp39" "hp40" "hp41" "hp42" "hp43" "hp44" "hp45"
lifeSupportTargetHardpoints = "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"
weaponsTargetHardpoints = "hp01" "hp02" "hp03" "hp04" "hp05" "hp06" "hp07" "hp08" "hp09" "hp10" "hp11" "hp12" "hp13" "hp14" "hp15" "hp16" "hp17" "hp18" "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"
shieldGeneratorTargetHardpoints = "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"
sensorsTargetHardpoints = "hp46"
hullTargetHardpoints = "hp33" "hp34" "hp35" "hp36" "hp37" "hp38" "hp39" "hp40" "hp41" "hp42" "hp43" "hp44" "hp45" "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"
criticalTargetHardpoints = "hp33" "hp34" "hp35" "hp36" "hp37" "hp38" "hp39" "hp40" "hp41" "hp42" "hp43" "hp44" "hp45" "hp47" "hp48" "hp49" "hp50"

//AI system parameters
//These parameters influence how the AI evaluates and compares craft.
//An abstract number that represents how much extra strength must be
//used to attack this craft due to its weapons. 
// (0.0=no weapons, 0.5 = average weapons, 1.0=many good weapons)
attackPower = 1.00f

//The normalized intrinsic value of a target.  High value craft make good
//attack targets. (0.0=lowest value, 1.0=highest value)
intrinsicValue = 0.50f

//CREW STATUS MULTIPLIERS
//The multiplier for the delay between shots for weapons while in yellow status
weaponYellow = 1.0f

//The multiplier for the delay between shots for weapons while in red status
weaponRed = 0.75f

//Message & Sound Parameters
eventSelect = "SomrawSelect"
eventAcknowledge = "SomrawAcknowledge"
eventAttack = "SomrawAttack"
eventMove = "SomrawMove"
eventRepair = "SomrawRepair"
eventStop = "SomrawRepair"

//Fireball & Explosion To Use
fireball = "xfirede1"

//True SOD File
baseName = "kdread4"

//Scale The SOD
ScaleSOD = 1.5f

I have one more ship that I was going to attempt to hardpoint (with much less hardpoints as well) and it is also by you Major Payne, the Klingon Kvortcha (K'Vort'Cha Class) and originally by:
Credits
-------
- Original model and texture set by Skinman for the Starfleet Command community.
- SFC3 model conversion by Starforce2.
- Poly reduction and texture reapplication by Major A Payne.
Last edited by jetnova16 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:34 am

Go on then, but try to not to make this an ongoing thing with every ship you try to export as my free time is limited enough as it is. I can also not gaurentee I'll find out the problem either as its been at least 5 years since I did the tutorial.

If MS3d is the same as 3dmax then its best to place your hardpoints using the top down view, and make sure that the model looks like its front is pointing upwads in the top viewing window to make sure it flies in the right direction.

If this is correct the firing direction of hardpoints for fixed direction weapons (such as ship pulse phaser and torpedo weapons) will mean they fire to the right. Its just a simple matter of rotating these as you need to.

With regards to the weapons not firing. Try redoing that ODF with the stock weapon entries. If its still not working then its something else thats at fault.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:27 pm

MajorPayne wrote:Go on then, but try to not to make this an ongoing thing with every ship you try to export as my free time is limited enough as it is. I can also not gaurentee I'll find out the problem either as its been at least 5 years since I did the tutorial.

If MS3d is the same as 3dmax then its best to place your hardpoints using the top down view, and make sure that the model looks like its front is pointing upwads in the top viewing window to make sure it flies in the right direction.

If this is correct the firing direction of hardpoints for fixed direction weapons (such as ship pulse phaser and torpedo weapons) will mean they fire to the right. Its just a simple matter of rotating these as you need to.

With regards to the weapons not firing. Try redoing that ODF with the stock weapon entries. If its still not working then its something else thats at fault.
Ok, file sent, and I won't make this a habit, I think this will be the last file I'll send to be fixed/looked at. If anymore that I work on have problems, I can just set them as space debris or map objects.

I did try stock weapons with the first model that I used that had problems and that is when I found out the model lost its hardpoints. I also didn't change anything with the Akira-class I mentioned before.