New Mod

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

New Mod

Post by Majestic » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:15 pm

Hi everyone. Most of you have most likely never heard of me. I have been modding Star Trek Armada 1 since 2000. I have only recently decided to get back into modding. But I have decided to mod Star Trek Armada 2 instead as it is a far better game than its predecessor.

I have seen some really great mods out there like Babylon 5 by Wrath and his team and Star Trek vs Star Wars just to name a few.

I have decided to add some new races in my and remove Species 8472 as there are no ships or station anywhere for them.

My mod will be set in 2394. It will include 10 races. These include

United Federation of Planets
Klingon Empire
Romulan and Reman Star Empire
Borg Collective
Dominion Alliance

Other races will be announced later.
I am going to set up an information section on my webpage for the mod.
www.geocities.com/majestic2001au

Heres a breif teaser of the Storyline for you. I will be making a complete story for it too.

The year is 2394. The last major conflict was the Reman War that lasted from 2381 – 2385. Since then the United Federation of Planets has found a new peace with the Romulans. The Romulans with the help of the Federation as mediators have welcomed the Remans into the Star Empire and the Klingon Empire has kept a watchful eye on the Cardassian Union rebuilding process, after the Kessok incident. Meanwhile strange anomalies have started to appear in the Neutral Zone, between the Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets. In the Delta Quadrant the Borg have had major problems with the Borg Resistance and are still rebuilding from their acts of sabotage. The Borg Queen has finally recovered from Admiral Janeway’s virus and has decided to launch an all out assault on the Alpha Quadrant in revenge....

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:56 pm

Majestic. Its not to difficult to put together some organic looking ships and additional stations for 8472. However, due to the nature and power of the race, if you do happen to kep them in I would suggest limiting the amount of additions that are added in. I am planning soon, to revamp the nephilim structures and ships that my BI2 project used and attempt to retexture them using existing 8472 textures. Once they're done, if you want them then no problem.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:44 pm

Thanks MajorPayne, i will certainly consider it. :)