Interdimensional Wars

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Interdimensional Wars

Post by Majestic » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:58 pm

I have decided to release some more information about my new upcoming mod.

It is based in the Star Trek Universe in 2394.

It is called Interdimensional Wars.

There are going to be 9 races originating from 4 universes\tv shows\movies.
These include:

- United Federation of Planets
- Klingon Empire
- Romulan Star Empire
- Dominion Alliance
- Borg Collective
- Interstellar Alliance
- Shadows
- Systems Commonwealth
- Galactic Republic

Each race will have the following:
Approx 23 combat ships ranging from fighters to frigates to carriers.
5 non-combat ships
13 Stations, including 3 shipyards, outposts and more.

The Dominion consist of Dominion, Cardassian, Breen and Sona units
The Romulans consist of Romulan, Reman and Garidian units
The Interstellar Alliance consist of Earth Alliance, Minbari, Narn, Ranger and League units.
The Shadow consist of Shadow, Drakh and Centauri units.

The mod is currently in the early stages of development with the Interstellar Alliance, Dominion and Federation sides almost complete.

I may also be adding Species 8472 to the game after the offer by MajorPayne to use some of his retextured alien ships from his B12 project, when his finds time to work on them. But this is still a decision i am toying with.

I will be creating an information section on my webpage to inform the public of more details of the mod.

All credit for the Babylon races and units goes to the Babylon 5 Armada 2 talented team. Permission has already be gained.

All credit for the Andromeda side goes to the creators of the Andromeda Armada 2 Mini-Mod plus other modders.

There is an extended version of the breif storyline that has already been posted:

Storyline
The year is 2394. The last major conflict was the Reman War that lasted from 2381 – 2385. Since then the United Federation of Planets has found a new peace with the Romulans. The Romulans with the help of the Federation as mediators have welcomed the Remans into the Star Empire and the Klingon Empire has kept a watchful eye on the Cardassian Union rebuilding process, after the Kessok incident. Meanwhile strange anomalies have started to appear in the Neutral Zone, between the Romulan Star Empire, Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets. In the Delta Quadrant the Borg have had major problems with the Borg Resistance and are still rebuilding from their acts of sabotage. The Borg Queen has finally recovered from Admiral Janeway’s virus and has decided to launch an all out assault on the Alpha Quadrant in revenge....

Federation Starbase 371, 0830 Hours
At 0640 this morning we picked up several strange anomalies on long-range sensors that appear to be originating from the Neutral Zone. We have contacted both the Klingons and the Romulans, they are both sending a taskforce to investigate, but we can only afford to send a single ship. Commander we want you to head into the Neutral Zone and discover what is going on. Ah yes, Captain, yes you are being promoted. We want you to take the U.S.S Majestic, she is the first of her kind, the first MKIII Sovereign Explorer. She is equipped with the latest technology that starfleet has to offer, these include transphasic torpedoes, ablative and retractive armour and a fully functioning quantium slipstream drive. One more thing you need to be aware of. We have only recently discovered disturbing reports from Cardassian space. There seems to be a large amount of Breen and Sona ships entering Cardassian space and they all seem to be heading for the one sector, where we have detected another strange anomaly. Captain when we sent a scout ship to investigate under cloak she picked this up on sensors, a Dominion Dreadnought. So be careful, as there may be a renewed Dominion threat. Good Luck Captain
Starfleet Command Out...

U.S.S Majestic NCC-75743 1800 Hours
Captains Log Supplemental (1)
We have arrived at the strange anomalies in the Neutral Zone and have discovered that they are inter-dimensional rifts of some kind. We were running scans on them and suddenly strange unidentified ships came out all demanding an explanation on where they were. When we explained, two of the three groups were receptive. But the third did not believe us and open fired. Fortunate for us, the other two groups came to our aid and with the Romulan and Klingon Fleets entering sensor range, the third group who calls themselves, the Galactic Republic, retreated toward Cardassian space. I have invited the Captains of the Klingon and Romulan taskforces aboard as well as the leaders of the other two groups, a Captain Dylan Hunt of the Systems Commonwealth and a President John Sheridan of the Interstellar Alliance. Hopefully we can find a way to send them back to their realities, if not they may be stuck with us for a while. On a further note we have sent a report to Starfleet Command, the Klingon High Council and the Romulan Senate reporting what has happened and warning them about this Galactic Republic Fleet heading for Cardassian Space.
End Log...

U.S.S Majestic NCC-75743
Captains Log Supplemental (2)
It has been 70 hours since we have encountered the inter-dimensional rifts. With our recent treaties with the Romulans and Klingons, we have been allowed with the involvement of both their Governments to establish a temporary base near the rifts to monitor them for any more unusual activity. While this is still in development starfleet command has ordered us back to starbase 371, with the Romulan and Klingon commanders, and our visitors that have appeared out of the rifts. The USS Argus NCC-75124 under the command of Fleet Captain Jonozia Lex has taken our assignment over to investigate the region and the rifts more closely. I have been ordered to a high level breifing with starfleet command in 4 hours. I have also been informed to keep it confidential as not only will there be a representatives from starfleet command there but also the Romulan and Klingon commanders along with commanders of the two fleets from the alternative realities.
End Log...

I will be releasing the mod is sides. So there will at least be 9 seperate zip files to download.

This is all the information i have for the moment. Please feel free to post any comments and suggestions. I will also be happy to answer any questions, but remember that it is still in the planing and early development and many things may change by the final release.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:11 pm

Perhaps the Ferengi would see a profit to be made from all of this.

Or the Ferengi expansion pack mod.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:39 pm

funny you say that.

I was originally going to put the ferengi, i even had the entire side planned. I almost had the side complete too. But decided to trash the idea.

Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Setiesh » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:55 pm

maybe stargate ...... maybe like anubis found a way to travel faster than hyperspeed and tor a bog hole in subspace and ended up in the neutral zone it would be a good addon u can use my mod if u want to but it dont matter just suggesting

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:09 pm

That is a really good idea Setiesh. I may do that if the first few parts of my mod actually go well.

- Thanks

Hardyous
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Hardyous » Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:57 pm

i like the sound of your federation side, and a good way to tie in alll theese shows, makes for a more belivable storyline, it certainly will be intyeresting, is the mod for A1 or A2????????

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:11 pm

First off. The mod is for Armada II.

Secondly I have only reciently got back into modding. I have not heard of your mod Messaline. Sorry...

P.S I created it off the top of my head. I really only know about Andromeda Mini Mod, Concept Futures mod, Star Trek vs Star Wars, Star Wars Fleet Command and Babylon 5 Armada 2 mods.

The Mod started off alot different. I had a race called the scavenger alliance causing havic. In all it were just the ferengi causing trouble with the krenim, hydrans and suliban. I decided to scrap that idea, i didnt really like it anyway.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:55 am

I have started to add a section for Interdimensional Wars on my webpage.

You can find it here

http://www.geocities.com/majestic2001au ... mada2.html

It is just the early stages at the moment.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Perhaps we can combine efforts

Post by Majestic » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:25 pm

Messaline wrote:your whole basic premise is as i said , very similar, and winds up in a very large crosfire, much like what i've got going , and mine is for A2 as well.

yours is not as broad in scope as the one we have pending. perhaps you'd be interested in working together?

Messaline
Yeah. What did you have in mine. If you would like to see what i am doing check my website as i am updating it at the moment.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:05 pm

correct my if i'm wrong but i believe you have the galactic republic and the Emipre turned around. unless u intend to have jedi's fighting against the federation.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:34 pm

Originally i decided to have both the empire and rebels as one race called the Galactic Republic. To cut a long story short, palpatine who was the chancellor of the republic at the time got killed and a new chancellor took his place. So the republic never got reformed into the empire.

Last night ,i have decided to change the race totally to the empire. ie. imperial remnant.

So this is the second major alteration i have made. The other one was the removal of the scavenger alliance

So now the races are:
Federation
Klingons
Romulans/Remans/Garadians
Borg
Dominion/Cardassians/Breen/Sona
Interstellar Alliance
Shadows/Drakh/Centauri
Systems Commonwealth
Imperial Remnant

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:44 pm

wehey!!! theres interdimensional rifts opening up all over this site. in the last 6 months over 4 major crossover mods have begun all following the same premise, dimensional rifts open up the various sides meet their counterparts form new alliances and fight each other. do not get me wrong i'm not complaining at all, quite the opposite. I think this is great if they all go well then we may have some very very good mods coming out.

Good Luck to all involved :)
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:51 am

Hmmmm, seems like I'm going to have to think long and hard for my FIC story line. Can't be having another interdimentional rip opening up now can we, that would mean that the entire galaxy could have problems.