Wanna see something cool?

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Wanna see something cool?

Post by Snake » Sun May 02, 2004 4:18 pm

It's not even the finishing shot. I accually got the beam to cut like that for every shot. Here's a hint: You can target space too.

Well... I thought it was cool.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun May 02, 2004 5:10 pm

Wow - that is cool! Did the phaser like have an ordinance on it that was able to target space? It seems kinda like a chain reaction pulse except that it is a phaser, and it targets an enemy vessel and then continues on to fire on another ship, and then if there isn't one, then the beam continues onward. What I don't know is how to get the beam to continue on a straight line like that - really cool! :lol: Awesome!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun May 02, 2004 9:28 pm

lol

How did u get it to go straight? my attempts to make a hull puncture phaser it kinda bounces off the hp in a different direction

(I think I used various Omega odf lines cant remember as it was ages ago lol)

Ad'

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Mon May 03, 2004 12:43 am

I like it. Are you going to release it as a mini-mod?

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Mon May 03, 2004 3:53 am

Wow, cool! :)
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

iOSYS
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iOSYS » Mon May 03, 2004 5:32 am

In the Generex I changed the time a beam exists without hitting something, then I added hit chances to the phaser files and I added a burst fire command to the phaser files. It looks kinda like your pic. My hope was to get phasers to miss, like in ds9 when bugships fire on the Defiant & they only hit 40% of the time :) . It works pretty well and it looks cool.

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Mon May 03, 2004 7:04 am

hehe... i won't be releasing anything yet. not until i am in the alpha stages of my secret project. That is when I will release the stuff.

Suffice to say, my cutting beam weapon is faaaaar superior to that lame only after the ship is destroyed cutting beam.

I actually found it out by mistake. I won't go into details. But it looks really cool ingame. It looks even more awesome when you've got the ship on cloverleaf and is shooting at a ship and the beam just slices through ships like butter. I'll post some moe screencaps if i can figure out how to take screenshots without just printscreen. Ctrl+P or Z or something.

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Mon May 03, 2004 9:41 am

Niice, sounds like it'd be good on Babylon 5 weapons too, they slice though :D

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Mon May 03, 2004 11:00 am

Yup. i'm thrilled that I actually have a working slasher beam.

edit: got some more better shots. you get some sweet crisscross stuff here and a nice little final effect shot.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 03, 2004 4:05 pm

Wow - that is really cool

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Sat May 08, 2004 2:42 pm

If anyone is interested in using this, I can give out some demo files on msn. I don't want to upload them here cuz frankly it's to confusing for me to do that here without using my own web space.

it's not too complex. It does require a second weapon file though. I can give more instructions on msn if necessary. But i don't think it will be since the demo files are pretty straight forward.

Gray_Fox0001@hotmail.com

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Sat May 08, 2004 5:42 pm

Holy cow!!! Hey snake! Do you think that effect you made could be duplicated in A1?
Today's People are Tomorrows Fossil Fuels - Dion Williams

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Sun May 09, 2004 1:15 am

This looks like a wicked mod, is it only for the Sabre class or is it possible to mod it for other ships too, because I'd love to use it on the Galaxy class.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Snake
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Snake » Mon May 10, 2004 10:44 am

As far as i know, it can indeed be used in armada 1. I don't know if they even changed any of the basic weapons they used in A1 in A2 because the slasher only uses the basic phaser weapon with some added lines.
The demo modified sprite file i think should be the same but I'm not sure. Straxus i'll send you the files and give more detailed info if you need over msn if you want. You'll either need to mod an existing weapon.spr file by adding the new sprite line or use the demo one which i don't know if it works with A1.

You can add it to any ships you would like. You would just need to mod your ships yourself a bit by adding the new weapon or replacing an exsisting phaser.