new mod nearly completed

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

new mod nearly completed

Post by r--m » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:46 pm

id just like to announce the release of my new realtrek mod. i think it`ll be released in a few weeks to months. it`s been beta-tested for one month now, and i think i`ll give it another one.

what the mod does: as the title suggests, the realtrek mod is intended to make the game more trek-realistic. some of the new features, like ship explosions doing damage, aren`t really new at all, but all together it`s a great mod, i think.

features:
-realistic sized ships, including borg( a borg cube has the size of a fusion cube, but there are no fusion cubes anymore)
-realistic looking ships (none of the models was made by myself, i`ve got most of the stuff from this site).
-realistic armed ships, meaning ships won`t fire a torpedo every 3 secs, but will fire 4 torpedoes in 2 secs.(after the first salvoe ships use their weapons just as usual); with a few exceptions there are no special weapons anymore. (most non-canon weapons were taken away). all ships can target planets.
-only one new race, the dominion
-and loads of small things

a few screens:

http://www.startrekgames.de/index.php?m ... erby=dateD

don`t worry about the german writing, the mod will be available in english at this site-if you want the german version, the german-beta-version is available at http://www.startrekgames.de/

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 am

Im looking forward to downloading this mod

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:51 am

I'll be keeping a close eye on this myself, but for different reasons.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:15 am

I love the size of the ships. They seem more realistic.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:55 am

Looks good, but are you gone make one for a1? (I dont have a2 :( )
Its been a while.

r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by r--m » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:26 pm

this is an a2 mod.-i know there are still lots of people playing a1, so it would make sense making an a1 mod, but i`ve never ever did any a1 modding, i didn`t even finsih the campaign because a1 was kind of messed up on my copmuter.

MayorPayne:
I'll be keeping a close eye on this myself, but for different reasons.
what reasons?

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:13 am

Then i'll need to make an mod like this myself. I'll wont copy evrything you have done because if have my own idea's of a realistic mod for a1.
So don't be scared :D
Its been a while.

r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by r--m » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:54 pm

feel free to copy evrything you want... :D
but i don`t think the sods(which weren`t made by myself anyway) will work with a1

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:44 am

Then i'll do nothing with the ships sods, only with the gameplay :)
Its been a while.

Nova
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Nova » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:37 am

I think I can guess Major's reasons, using ships without permission perhaps? Neway this looks good. Nice screenshots I might get the german version.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:52 am

Your Borg textures are outstanding!

Mind if Future Tense uses them for ours? Yours is more Voyager looking than our almost TNG style looking cubes

Who knows, maybe I'll go up in the loft and find the coaster disk also named as Armada 2 to play it

Adam,

r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by r--m » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:26 am

i won`t mind if you use those textures, but remember i didn`t made them myself and i am using the stuff without permission. but i`m giving credits to the authors, of course.

r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by r--m » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:38 am

i`ve got to apologise for that "using models without permission" thing.
in the readmes of most of the models i`m using it said something like "feel free to use this in your mod as long as you give me credits" - thats what i did. in the other readmes there was written nothing like that, but i used them anyway, without asking for permission first - i realized now this is quite impolite and i`m sorry. it`s impossible for me to contact every single model-author to ask for permission, but if i used something made by you and you don`t want me to use it, just contact me and i`ll remove your stuff as soon as possible.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:22 am

Nova wrote:I think I can guess Major's reasons, using ships without permission perhaps?
now now lets be nice to the Major

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:48 am

Nova. You picking on me?? Now wheres my cattle prod. Looks like I'll be charging it up for some usage!!!! LOL

(and people say I don't posess a sense of humour.....PAH!!!)

Anyway, my actual reason, aside from the permission thing, which I tend to enforce in other ways (although it seems more and more modders are actually taking the time to READ ACCOMPANYING READMES!! which is a big plus), I do like to see how people mod the game THIER way. You'll be surprised how many styles of modding actually exist just for one game.

r--m. As for appologising. I wouldnt' have thought there would have been any need. Just becareful how you proceed and if your unsure of something, for god sake (and mine) ASK!!! 8)