Borg Fusion Tech

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

trekkie00
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Borg Fusion Tech

Post by trekkie00 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 pm

Is there a way to make Borg Fusion work with other ships? For my mod, I was thinking of having the Borg start with small rectangular ships, have four fuse together to form a "scout cube", have eight of those form together to create a "small cube", have eight of those to form a "regular cube", and have eight of those to form a "mega cube". (Possibly having eight of those form a "hyper cube" or something...)

Would this work? I remember reading something about a "Fused Defiant" mod, does that use this?

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:43 am

Yaeh, i was planning to do the same thing. It's possible to mdo this. Go to odf ->special weapons and copy the file gCubeIntegrator to a other directory. Now give it an other name and open it.

// Converts it into bbattle3
fusedClass = "bbattle3" <-- which it turns into

// Multiweapon, requires 8 Borg cubes
multiReqClass0 = "bbattle1" <-- from which ships
multiReqMin0 = 8 <-- how many ships u need to be able to activate fusion.

This principal has been used to make the voyagers and prometheus armor deployment and retraction

// Converts it into bbattle3
fusedClass = "fvoyagerArmor"

// Multiweapon, requires 8 Borg cubes
multiReqClass0 = "fvoyager"
multiReqMin0 = 1

lets call this weapon gvoyar.
this wil need to be added in techtree: tech1 ad fulltech
voyar.odf 0
also in the global sprites file if you have a button.

However, I'm still struggeling with the AI. The AI doesn't activate those kinds of weapons. Have you ever seen a fusion cube when you have the borg as opponent in instan action, or ever seen the galaxy split into to parts sending te battle broidge to the battlefield