Fighters Weapon

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Fighters Weapon

Post by Warmaster_Rob »

I asked this a while back in a related thread but i seen to have lost it so i'l begin again.

i have been fiddleing with the wormhole maker weapon for a1 to attempt to make a temporary wormhole, it did not work.

then i had the idea of using the weapon to create fighters from the host vessel. i tried this by simply placing the odf name of the fighter into the wormhole weapon odf (where it tells it to make a wormhole) but that just crashes the game.

does anyone know how i can mod this weapon to create vessels when used instead of wormholes?

cheers

Warmaster
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

A2's special weapon that makes the 8472 rift might be usable too. This is a good and very unique idea - I don't think this has been suggested before. :)
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

I don't run A1 any more but I was just thinking that perhaps if you gave the thing a shipyard classlabel it might work...or still crash, I don't know.
Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob »

cheers twitch, never thought about altering the weapon classlabel. though from my experience it does just tend to crash the game. i'l give it a go though.

@corbo
i'm not a fan of a2, i find the whole depth thing anoying. are you saying the 8472 weapon will work in a1?

i've been toying with this idea for ages. i can get it to build all manner of map objects but as soon as i try putting a ship or station in it it crashes the game.
my motivation is the sheer bordem i suffer having to build fighters in STvsSW and B5. plus in both cases the larger vessels actually carried the fighters into battle. there are many cases of ships able to build but all of these suffer from having to stop,build, then told to move again. and in some cases they even get pushed backward by the fighters. very anoying.
if i get this idea to work then Sd's and omegas will enter a battle and 'launch' fighters in the middle without me having to do anything. multiple weapons on 1 ship (or multiple fighters per weapon) would result in a squadron being launched at the push of a button rather than after 10mins of sitting at a shipyard and then guidinging them up the map.

any more suggestions?

cheers

Warmaster
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world
jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew »

lol! I hate those fighters two. I'm not sure if it is possible without some intense scripting to do something like that. I'll try looking over WWBBOM and see if I can find anything.
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

I have yet to see an A2 ship with Fleet Operations-style animated shuttles flying at random around it (probably specify a buffer zone so they aren't bumping into the ship itself) and firing along with the ship it is "attached" to.

The thing I didn't like about B5A2, STvSW, and SW:FC's starfighters was that they weren't scaled very well. A TIE Fighter was the same size as a Corellian Corvette like Princess Leia's in the movie. Uh-uh.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire
r--m
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by r--m »

i never did any a1 modding, but once i tried to find a better way of sepperating the prometheus than using that saucer sepperation, just the same way you`re trying to make those fighters. i think it`s impossible. in a2 finally i had a weapon that created ships, but they didn`t react to orders and didn`t do anything themselves. and as soon as someone hit them, the game crashed. i gave it up, then.