A1 problem

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

A1 problem

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:57 pm

Hi guys

i've been dreading this since the moment i bought my new comp...

A1 dont work properly on it.

i can play the game but everything is super slow (ie it takes 5 seconds for the shield impact anim to play through, ships move so slowly they appear to be stationary and i could paint a self portrait in the time it takes for a torpedoe to travel a singel grid square) plus some of the ships seem to flicker on the screen, as if the comp was having trouble with the wireframe.

the comp has a 256mb geforce graphics card with latest drivers and has the amd 64 processor so it should handle a1 with no trouble.

i'm also running xp home with service pack 2 if thats important

any suggestions how to fix it?

cheers
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world

Kirgen
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Kirgen » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:45 pm

A1 has issues with newer video card drivers. Roll back your drivers to a previous version, or play A1 on a different computer.

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:18 pm

how do i 'roll back' the drivers and what effect will that have on the computer outside of the game? also the computer in question is not connected to the net, it is my own computer and the only access i have to the net is via my mothers computer. does that complicate matters?

cheers

Kirgen
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Kirgen » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:43 pm

It complicates it some, but not much. You'll just have to get to the nvidia website from another computer, download some older drivers, put it on a disk, then put it on yours. Although, it being a 256mb geforce, it must be pretty new, i'm not sure how far you can go back in driver versions. You might just be out of luck on your new comp.

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:58 pm

damn! ah well thanks for the info mate