Borg Portal as special weapon for a ship? A1 pesky problem

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Abigkidatheart
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Borg Portal as special weapon for a ship? A1 pesky problem

Post by Abigkidatheart » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:32 pm

I've done it before, I had a temporal gate as a speacial weapon on the Premonition X for A1, lost everything on my hard drive, and now when I try again, notta. What am I missing? Wait, don't answer that.... How do I make it go?? 8O
If at first you dont succeed... Blame your parents

iOSYS
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iOSYS » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:17 pm

for it to be the borg portal, in theory, you should be able to do it by adding the I think its gmastrans to the ships weapons peramiters area. But the portal would move with the ship, and the ship would not be able to go through*I think*. To make a map object such as the temporal gate or wormhole, you would neet to make a weapon that creates said map object, and use it twice. First time for where the entry is, second for where the exit goes. There are a few mods out there that have ships that create nebulae, 1 that creates the very thign you want. I forgot what the mod was called, ............ galactic alliance I think... each race is an alliance race, they all have names, and they are like delta alliance, alpha... etc. anyhoo, the galaxy class creates a wormhole in that mod, and you use it twice. you could take a look at the coding and see how that was done.

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:22 am

the mod you mention is called the galactic wars mod and its the fed galaxy class fires a wormhole weapon. however the problem with this is that once created the wormhole is permenant and so after a while the map is littered with wormholes. it is possible to just add the borg portal to a ship and it will stay where you place it but the moment the host ship attempts to enter it it disappears (must be something in the code) i did think about maybe adding a pod to a vessel that would deploy the portal and see if that worked but my new computer wont run a1 (the games too old) so i never got to test it. maybe you could try it and let me know if it works, just to let my mind live in peace :)

Good Luck

Warmaster
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:02 am

I could have sworn that the Armada Exreme v1.1 mod for A1 had the Nebula class armed with a wormhole weapon. I never used it, myself (prefer the Klingons and Romulans) but I'm pretty sure it used this same concept you were talking about.

(finds .odf for Artificial wormhole)

Yeah, I found the odf for the gate, but I'm not sure what the rules are for posting code from another mod. I'd rather not step on any toes here so I'll just say the Armada Extreme mod has what you're looking for, I think.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:21 am

I found a converted Premonition Class for A2, and the ship is capable of creating a temporal gate, but it disappears right after the Prem has gone through...
I don't know if this will work for A1 as well, but if you want to check it out go to
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Premonition;4308

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:35 am

You could use the Transwarp drive, with the Trans-Gate .sod file....

And the A2 premonition was probably based on the 8472 Transient rift. That won't work in A1 (i think. Very sure though)

Abigkidatheart
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Abigkidatheart » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:23 pm

Yipee! It worked!! thanks for the info Logius. I almost completely forgot about it. But I took the artificial wormhole from there and got what I wanted... Voila!
If at first you dont succeed... Blame your parents