Multiple Repair Points

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Multiple Repair Points

Post by CptBenSisko » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:19 pm

Is it possible for a station to have multiple repair points? so that it can repair more than one ship at a time? I was thinking of this because my DS9 has the repair point on one of the upper pylons and I thought it would be cool if it could repair like 9 or 10 ships at a time and look like a lot of ships are docked at the station. anyone have any thoughts?
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:22 pm

I know u can only have 1 buildpoint without 'tricking' the computer, but I havent investigated into more than 1 HP point. Why not test it on a Federationship yard with

Canrepair = 1
repairHardpoint = "hp11" "hp06"

or something then have two ships friendly fire each other, and then send them to repair and see what happens :)

Ad'

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:56 pm

If you don't mind let us know how it goes. If it works I would be interesting in that information.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:42 am

It doesn't seem to work.. that's unfortunate. I used three hardpoints..and although the game didn't crash..two or three ships lined up waiting for one hardpoint. unless we create something like Elrond's weapon pods that have repair properties.. that way we can put one on each pylon and all around the docking ring..that would be awesome as well.....Find Elrond!!! We must investigate!!!

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:49 am

I had tried to do that with the same ds9 model. I did that to the odf and it did not work. Only one of the hardpoints would be recognized.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:11 am

yea it sucks...but...what i was thinking was modifying Elronds weapon pod system and allow the station to research repair hardpoints..each hardpoint would in effect act as a small ship yard that wouldn't build but simply repair..kind of like the Remmler Array it doesn't build any ships but simply repairs them. Each hardpoint could be targeted but would have an enormous amount of health and a high healthRate.

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:39 am

I just had another wild idea....making Deep Space Nine a trade station as well as a battlestation as well as a repair dock...Is it possible...she already repairs and has weapons..the next is to make it a research facility as well as making it a trading station...also can we make it so that more than one Ferengi trade ship goes to the station? like is there a specific hardpoint that enables trading? this would be awesome.. DS9 would truly be the space station she was in the show. and would be a very valuable assest..we could also make it so that she would be the cardassian mining station and have it orbit a planet while mining..it would have to be a little bit smaller...but I think it could work.

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 pm

never tried tis myself, but try using

repairHardpoint1 = "hp11"
repairHardpoint2 = "hp06"
Is this for A2? cause i think the classlabel will give ya a hard time

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Dell wrote:never tried tis myself, but try using

repairHardpoint1 = "hp11"
repairHardpoint2 = "hp06"
Is this for A2? cause i think the classlabel will give ya a hard time
I was just thinking of recommending that. Hopefully it works.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:42 am

sorry to bring back an old topic, but did anyone get this to work?
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:46 am

I could try it, but I don't know if something already classed as a pod can accept commands such as repairHardpoint - many commands in the game are exclusive to only one classLabel - and pods can't do certain things - like build ships as far as I know. And adding another classLabel wouldn't work since that's not allowed in A2. I suppose it may be possible to try the repair points on pods - I hope somehow it's possible! I'll try it and if it CAN work, I will get it to WORK! 8)

EDIT: Well, it's pretty late already, but I tried what I could. The only thing a pod could be made to do is have weapons - therefore, to repair a ship, it would need to have the repair team and the repair beam weapons to do so. I saw something before where you MAY be able to use objects other than pods as pods on a research station, but I think it was just a comment used in a line of code I accidentally stumbled upon (don't worry, I'm not modifying code or anything - and I won't). Looking at the classLabels listed, the research pods do not have an option for being something else other than a pod. If you try to build a station other than a pod on a research station, the game will crash, as I found out long ago. I'd hate to say it this way, but I think that the only way of getting ships to repair at repair point pods is to have the pods use the repair beam and repair team to repair systems and regenerate shields. As for recrewing - that can't be done that way, unfortunately. There has gotta be a way - we need an expert on this stuff and quickly! :)