Ent-J from ST: Enterprise

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

score1_uk
Ensign
Ensign

Ent-J from ST: Enterprise

Post by score1_uk »

Did anyone ever make it for A2???
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

I had heard about someone thinking about making it, but there are currently no models made for Armada II
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
score1_uk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by score1_uk »

any1 got anymore info??
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I've been sort of working on a model of the Enterprise-J from what I have seen so far. I can get the dorsal (top) section of the ship but I have no idea what the lower section looks like. I've really gotten good at applying textures to ships - and now with Federation ships (which seem to be the most tedious to create). I'm involved in a project to create every Enterprise from F to Y (years 2400 to 3150).

My mod already has hundreds of units in it, but it hasn't slowed the game down any with those existing. One may wonder how an AI would ever build some of the higher-level ships - the way my mod works, you can now select from various era techtrees - some of the units are the same from era to era - exept for ones from the past or far future. Shipyards remain pretty much the same for I haven't created any more of those for the mod. The AI will be able to build anything eventually because it operates on many techtrees - which are selectable when starting an instant action game or fixed when playing the missions (90% of which haven't been completed yet). The Enterprise-J will definitely be one of the many many Enterprise ships in the mod. All ships from Enterprise-E to Enterprise-Y will have skin shielding and also all ships from Enterprise-J to Enterprise-Y will have primary (bubble) and secondary (skin) shielding. By setting the attack and intrinsic value of these shielding levels, the enemy will attack the shield first before anything else. The shields are larger than the unit so that a human player will find it hard to penetrate them without bringing them down directly.

When the Enterprise-J is complete, I will release it here. But I'm quite certain there's probably someone out there that has made a model of the Enterprise-J and has not submitted it or completed it. :)
CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko »

There is a model of a ship called the Dignity Class...which is based off of the image from Enterprise that was the USS Enterprise-J. Someone could get permission to convert that to A2.
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

What game is it for? Granted I could get permission, this ship could be up and running and completely converted in just an hour or less. :)

EDIT: Found it on BCFiles.com. It is also known as the USS Jean-Luc Picard.
Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis »

Can't remember where i got this from, but it might help.

Download the image while you can, i'm not hosting it for long.
USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova »

I tought captsyf was making one, but he hasn't been on the forums for a while. (or is it just me?)
Its been a while.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Yeah, I think you're right USS_Nova - CaptSyf hasn't been around for about a week and a half or more.

That is some ship model - the engines are a lot longer than I thought they were. I would assume that these engines can send the ship into Transwarp or Slipstream since that technology has probably been around for a while by time the Enterprise-J is in service. I'd love to see the day when a ship like that is made - I gotta get me one of those! The ship's class is Dignity class as far as I know (well, a BC model of this ship was made and it was called the Destiny Class starship AKA USS Jean-Luc Picard). :)
Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray »

That's a cool-looking ship.

DarthSyf has deserted us. He's probably off choking some of his subordinates now.
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

He must be busy with something right now. There was a period of time a couple of months ago where I was absent for like a month.
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

Is it just me, or do the ships of the federation get weirder and wierder as time goes by?

yeah, CaptSyf is in and out because of real life rearing its ugly head :( we all know that feeling
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.
hope
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by hope »

the ent-j design is absolutly awesome, i like it alot
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

CaptSyf is working on Destiny's Wind, the new Star Trek site that some of you have seen. It sounds to be pretty awesome. It's about a year or more of work left to release, but I think it's gonna be cool. I just started a tricorder model just now and I'm going to see how that goes. But CaptSyf and I aren't forgetting about Federations. He will post some screenshots eventually and I'm going to be making some more map backgrounds. I'm still working on my own Ent-J model for my mod just to see how it comes out. I like the Destiny Class ship I've found on BC files - it looks like the Enterprise-J and I think the Enterprise-J is a Destiny Class ship.
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

hey

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

You wanted it, I found a wallpaper of the Enterprise J so here it is: 8) :twisted: 8)

Enjoy