Stargate SG-1 Ga'ould Cheops Class Mothership WIP

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Stargate SG-1 Ga'ould Cheops Class Mothership WIP

Post by Straxus »

http://www.geocities.com/gul_straxus/Ch ... 7862179920

here is the link to the pic... sorry about it being geocities, but its all I got right now...

This is FAR from finished. The current texture is just a test. When time permits I hope to make a detailed texture.
Today's People are Tomorrows Fossil Fuels - Dion Williams
Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson »

SWEET!!!!!! :D - i take it you found a schematic of the ship.

- and this is for A1 Right??
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com
krasim
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krasim »

very nice ship
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

the pyramid is not the right deminsions but other than that i like it
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Couldnt find schematics, but found enough pics from different veiws to start work on it. I have been trying to adjust the piramid, its dimensions look a bit different in each of the pics I have so I will need to go back and watch a few episodes to see the right dimensions... (Piramid is the easiest to fix fortunately!!!)
I make all my ships for A1. (partly because I never was that good with lightmaps and my video card does not support bitmaps, so I figured I might as well make them A1 so they could be compatible with both games)
Does anyone know what the standard weapons of this class of ship are and where the hardpoints should be placed?
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas »

check this websit out, it is the only attempt I have found at SG tech manual.

http://www.stargate-tech.net/starships/starship.htm
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Thank you very much Rodglas!!! I have needed alot of the pics that where on that site! I now can get to work on this stuff!
Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Hi

Post by Setiesh »

i would like to ask if u have textures for a Goa'uld mothership cheops class that i might be able to use them on my ship Coming soon (hint Hint)
Play On
Set

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

I am going to have to make all my textures from scratch. With the help of Rodglas's link, I will finaly be able to start making textures. The pics there will help me figure out the details I have been missing.
Got a question though... Is the Cheops an upgrade of the Ha'tak? I have seen two slightly similar mother ship types but one has different details on top side and the piramid looked lower on one. Just curious...
The current texture I am using on the mesh is more of a "place holder" of sorts until I come up with something far more detailed.
Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob »

i dont want ot sound rude or anything, the model looks well cool, the pyramids are a little elongated as far as i know, the texture though does need to be darker. just tell me where to stick it if im overstepping my bounds
Atomic
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Atomic »

Ok, in the series, motherships are rather generally named as hataks, so a theory my friends and I developed, after a few arguments, is that hatak is a general term for mothership, not a specific class name, so technically all motherships are Hatak, at least by our reckoning.

We also speculated about the possibility of the central pyramid of a 'cheops' class ship being effectively a classic 'hatak' vessel, that could leave the superstructure in orbit.

Failing that, the cheops would be a brand new mothership, no more similar to the old hatak than Apophis's super-mothership is to a cheops.
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas »

I doubt the Gouald even use class names for their ships, hytak is probably just a general term for "pyramid" or "mother" ship.

The US military seems to have assigned the "Hytak-class" nickname to the regularly seen motherships as a way of identifying them. This isn't without president in the real world where the US military has nicknames for various Russian jets, vehicles and vessels that are treated as class labels.

As such I rather people male the distiction between the Pyramid used by Ra in SG the movie and the standard Hytak. If your going to call anything a Cheops class it should be Ra's ship IMHO.

Rod.
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Warmaster_Rob wrote:i dont want ot sound rude or anything, the model looks well cool, the pyramids are a little elongated as far as i know, the texture though does need to be darker. just tell me where to stick it if im overstepping my bounds
LOL, no problem. I need all the input I can as it has been impossible to locate actual schematics for this ship type. I have to go by the various screen shots from different angles.
Just out of curiousity does anyone have any good top veiw pics of this ship? When I upgrade the texture I want to try to make it as accurate as possible.
I have started reading and found that Cheops may have just been a fan name for the ship. I will stick with the more common Hytak for now.
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Still planning on updating texture, but wanted to post some in game screenshots...

http://www.geocities.com/gul_straxus/ORA3.html
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

8O i like it cant wait to try them out