Mucho, Mucho help needed

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

rogue9jf
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Mucho, Mucho help needed

Post by rogue9jf » Mon May 23, 2005 4:04 pm

Who should I go to for testing a fairly large mod that I have because I need help getting rid of the bugs. It incorporates a brand new story that will have lots of new maps and extra things, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm pretty sure all my sod, tt, and odf files are fine, but I don't know about my gui files and I don't know that much about them. Help! :cry: :cry:

rogue9jf
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Frustration

Post by rogue9jf » Fri May 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Is there anyone I can send my mod to as an email so that they can look into helping me fox my mod? The specific place that it shuts down is after the bar goes all the way across in the load up screen. It just blacks out and goes to my desktop. It's very frustrating b/c I've worked long and hard on this mod. If I can't get this to work I don't know if I'll be able to make any other mods since this failed. :(

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Sat May 28, 2005 2:24 am

try playing a map under freetech and see if it works. It just a guess here, but however you did mod fulltech and tech1 files, you didn't mod the techtree files for specific maps.

Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius » Sat May 28, 2005 7:10 pm

If the game crashes on loading then it's probably a misspelling in the ODF of one of your additions. Make sure all the weapons are spelled correctly and that you're not missing any quotation marks anywhere in the files.

Just out of curiosity, what have you done to change the gameplay? That is, what's in your mod?
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!

rogue9jf
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by rogue9jf » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:35 am

The concept behind my mod is that the borg have taken earth despite all attempts by the federation to prevent it. The storyline is one of the Federation trying to get Earth back. Along the way they will make an alliance with the Maquis, who replace the Romulans in the game, and will defeat the borg in the end, maybe. And its very frustrating b/c I think my concept is good I just can't get it to work. Most of my changes involved adding ships to the Federation and the Borg and replacing the Romulans with the Maquis. I used a lot of stuff from others, whom I will credit, but I've been checking my odf files and haven;t found anything, which is why I'm looking to see if anyone can help me find stuff i might have missed.

rogue9jf
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by rogue9jf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:07 pm

I have found some errors and am searching for more, but the way I'm doing it is kinda slow. I'm going piece by piece to see what is wrong. Is there a better to do this since I am not able to do this testing often. Again wondering if anyone would like to help me test my mod and work out the kinks. Uhh....also wondering if there tutorials on how to replace a race in A1, because I'm trying to and it won't work.....soooo I need help again.