The Permissions Thread (returned)........

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

The Permissions Thread (returned)........

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:10 am

Okay so seeing as I've had 4 emails and a PM in the last two days concerning permissions I'll try to recomplie as much from the original thread which this dumbass Admin accidently deleted the first time round. (still. Mistakes do happen).

Anyway, three catagories are available so anyone who mods or models can they come forward and state which group they need to be added (I'm opening this to modders as well, due to constraints on such things as GUI's etc.etc).

CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES
(This is necessary in all circumstances but simply means that those named below do not require contacting before usage is allowed)

- Deemon
- Pneumonic81
- Porty
- Icewolf132

PERMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED BEFORE USAGE
(With this you must attempt to contact the original author in any way possible. Credit will still be required as well in all circumstances)

- Phantom
- Fleet Operations (direct personal contact is necessary with either Optec or DocaCola)
- Epytron Omega
- Atlantis
- CaptSyf
- Elrond
- Achilles
- Mcdoogle

NO EXTERNAL USEAGE IS ALLOWED
(This means that no modder/modeller is allowed to re-release ANY materials which a persons listed below have previously created. Personal unreleased usage would still be allowed, unless otherwise specified)

NOTE - This list is correct at time of printing. However, any part of it can be changed at any time.
Last edited by MajorPayne on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:19 am

if i remember right

Adam was PERMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED BEFORE USAGE

portys was CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

flops was the only one that was under NO EXTERNAL USEAGE IS ALLOWED

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:04 am

flops was the only one that was under NO EXTERNAL USEAGE IS ALLOWED
I thought that one too...

Ohwell, thanks for putting this back up Major.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:31 am

Ah, I am very glad this thread is back up. :)
Dead

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:24 am

Any work by me, Atlantis, goes in the "PERMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED BEFORE USAGE" category :-)

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:57 pm

anything done by me goes into the "CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES" catergory, but permission must be obtained if someone wants to modify my work (redo the textures, do a kitbash, ect.)
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Re: The Permissions Thread (returned)........

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 am

I am in this category MaP. If it is a "combined effort" model (e.g. the Sentury class I made using the "Coir De Lion" mesh, or the BOP II) would require permissions from all parties involved.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:38 am

ALL MY MATERIALS:

I am also in this category.

I must however add that teams such as Future Tense, Microverse, and other long-term teams I am on can use my modding materials WITH the word given that they will not leak it to another party or parties without my permission. If I see any materials that another party or parties "claim" to have made themselves but I find out that I made them and they didn't credit it properly, I won't only just be extremely pissed and issue banning(s), but legal reprecutions will also be felt.

My original policy on my own materials was that they could be used with just credits. That has indeed changed, as I believe it necessary now, especially with the increasing amount of infringements on intellectual copyrights, as we have seen in some "files" on a certain other site that shall remain nameless in this post...

Might I add that anyone who does not read this thread and ends up committing a violation of the above will NOT be exempt from this rule. Ignorance of the law or the rules is NO excuse.
Dead

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:50 am

I seriously think this thread is the best thing since sliced bread. I also totally agree with Elrond in
"Ignorance of the law or the rules is NO excuse."

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:09 pm

I think it is best I choose this one.

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:58 am

please put me under this catagory.

EO
Life is what you make it.

Mcdoogle
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Mcdoogle » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:26 pm

yea me 2 plz
[url=http://www.ueaclan.com][img]http://www.pureupload.com/out.php/i5336_UEAMcdooglesig.png[/img][/url]

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:47 am

Undated.

SherlockHolmes
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:26 am

I like to use the the 3d tool to make various scenes and things, and use Prt Scrn to show them to replicate scenes that happened in Chatroom sims. Its for a small RP group. So far I only released pictures with Armada and Armada II default models and credited the models to Activision. Problem is I havent been able to figure out how to contact any of the modelers I need to use thier models in a scene. I have created various scenes, but havent released any of them to my RP group (To use in logs and such)because I dont have permission to do so, and Using an art program for explosions and damage on the pictures probably qualifies as modifying the models.

Are people like 9of9 and Deemon members of this Forum that I can send a private message to? I know deemon is under the Give Credit catagory, but Some pictures I make alters lighting and stuff(Not to the physical models themselves, but to the pictures) and I wanted to request permission for that. I would apreciate any advice any of you could give.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:34 am

Your going to find its difficult to contact most of those listed in my thread opener, so the only option is to provide the necessary credit and if there are any issues then those involved will probably contact you directly.