.....and next up. Mor BI:VR information, for the interested

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

.....and next up. Mor BI:VR information, for the interested

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:18 pm

Now that the main mod is ready (balancing and AIP's still need to be finalised). I've started work on the first of many map units which will be included. The list is as follows (and this thread will be updated with images as the models are completed):

- Ambassador Class: Originally created by P81, you'll find these textures are of probably the best and most accurate since 9ofNines version. The models a complete rebuild as I'm not attempting to put an 8000+ poly model into the game. The models converted and ready for game usage.
- Brabury Class: Yes I know its not the pretiest of models by any means but this 5317 poly model is the best I've seen of it. Like many of the ones that I'm doing I've got to either rebuild them completely or heavily poly reduce them.
- Carolina Class: I just love the design of this model. Once I gain permission for work to be carried out on it, I've got to probably got to rebuild the 7633 poly model. Textures are, as I always find with WZ's models, to be of exceptional quality.
- Courageous Class: As many will have already seen the images this is one of my personal crowning glories when it comes to poly reduction. The models complete and converted.
- Excelsior Class: Poly count is 2957, and whilst its exceptional does need some poly reduction, but the engineering hull will most likely remain. Another P81 model.
- Mantis Class: Currently standing at 5810 this mesh looks like someone cut a section out of the saucer. It does look a little strange, but I like the design. Its unique and the textures are different to the normal federation style.
- Melbourne Nebula subtype: With all the Nebula class variants listed here you'll find the originals to be around 4500-5000 polys. This means some rebuilding in obviously in order.
- Nebula Carrier: Although not a carrier I have no subtype name for this variant.
- Norway Class: One of P81's best models. Its only just under 2050 polys so won't be edited in any way.
- Pheonix Nebula subtype: The SWACs version of the Nebula I'm planning on giving this one a nice large sensor range.
- Picard Class: Very strange model shape and stands at around 2350 polys. I'll still try poly reducing this model anyway.
- ReliantE: A much updated version of the standard Miranda. Looks the same but uses a sovereign style saucer with a duel weapon poded roll bar.

Now that, thats out of the way, I also have some good news. Due to the nature of these models, I will be releasing these seperately and befor ethe main mod via AFC. The releases won't be anything special and will consist of just an ODF, SOD and textures. Anyone who gets these is welcome to re-release as a proper minimod (including build button etc.etc), but be warned. I won't tollerate anyone theiving these. Expect them to start being released within the next few days, but also remember that my own time constraints can cause me problems, which is why I never put specified release dates on anything I do.

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:48 pm

Sounds like you've still got your work cut out there MaP. It all sounds good though. I can't wait to play the complete version.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:31 pm

oh kool i want some of those ships :D im glad ur gonna release them on AFC :)

ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by ryan1 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:01 pm

Sounds good but I don't know what half of those look like so Pics would be nice. I can't wait to see some of them like the Carolina.

KaBoom1701
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by KaBoom1701 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Sweet!

Hey MAP, if you'd like I'd be more than happy to create and build button, wireframe, tt file, sprite file and bitmap image for each ship. You can release each ship complete if you'd like. Up to you, let me know.

KaBoom

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:45 am

KaBoom. I tell you what I'll do. Once each is complete I'll be uploading them to AFC's server. I can send you each of the links via PM and then you can carry out what you need to with them, and just email them or IM them to me and I'll reupload the completed minimod to AFC. How does that sound??

(Ooooh thinks KaBoom. I get first dibs on these new models. Maniacal cackling..........)

KaBoom1701
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by KaBoom1701 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:28 pm

LOL @ MAP. 8)

Sounds like a plan.

Like most of your stuff I ripped from your great mod to put into my own personal mod I might seal a few for my own use. But I respect the hard work that goes into creating models with Milkshake. I've personally tried to do it and really suck hard. lol And without your personal ok would never release any unauthorized material. Period.

I consider myself a master odf person with above average skills in creating build buttons and proper working wireframes as close to stock A2 as possible. About the only thing I cannot do is create models from scratch. lol

Anyways sounds good MAP. Send the links when your ready.

KaBoom out.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:20 pm

....so first up is the newly rebuilt USS Arizona - Carolina Class. Poly count is around 2888 polys and provided I get permission from WickedZombie it'll be converted. As it stands I'm happy with the results and the overall shape is around 98% the same as the original.

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Permission to go,
"Ohhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, ooooooooooooo!"

Stunning ship, though the mid hull part does make me think of a skate park...disregard that, 'tis a fine ship.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"

KaBoom1701
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by KaBoom1701 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:50 pm

Very nice. Good job MAP.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:17 pm

so u couldnt get it below 2500?? not bad i like it :)

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:13 am

Awesome Excelsior-type ship there!

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:41 am

Excelsior type?? Hmmmm, I wouldn't let WickedZombie see that. He's very over protective of this baby. Mind you. I do agree it shares some similarities but not many.

Anyway, next up is a rebuild of P81's rather excellent Excelsior Class. This has been reduced by about 600 polys to 2384. Most of the original mesh still remains (I really do hate doing engineering hulls when they are cylindrical in shape).

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:44 am

USS Picard: Dignity Class. I've got to get permission from Azel/Atolm befor ethis is converted, and yes. A few will probably think this is the Ent-J but whilst it bares a slight shape similarity its not linked to the J in any way other than being Federation. I do like the design and its like most of the non canon ships I've worked with, unique and well designed.

New poly count is around 300 less at 1940.

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:27 am

Amazing stuff there, wow! The Excelsior looks...just wow! I'll be doing lot's of close ups in VR, I assure you!
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"