BI:VR BUG REPORT THREAD......

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Vaurnut
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Vaurnut » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:33 pm

The two Romulan ships at the advanced shipyard that are in the middle don't seem to be buildable. I was unable to build them even after finishing the research.

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:16 pm

It lasted alittle longer but still crashed. I will try that fix you just posted and see what that does.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:27 pm

on the rom instant build list theres a command

"fbattle", 2,0, -1, 0,

change it to

"rbattle", 2,0, -1, 0,

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:57 am

Well, It is still crashing on me. I am not exactly sure why.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:57 am

Zered. I need information. Whats races are you using??, what map are you choosing?? Does it get into the game itself?? Do you know what might have been built at the time of the crash??

Come on people. As much as people are letting me know theres still bugs in the mod, it doesn't help me to fix them unless I have information.

danteger
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by danteger » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:06 pm

well i downloaded it and the mod doesnt really work. the AI´s dont do any scientific developing, they only mine metal and dilitium and build shipyards. quite peacelfull,h i admid, but quite boring too. and the federation repair ships like "shoot" on te vessels they repair, the game understand this as an attack and alarms me. third, i cant build certain ships even when i developed all scientific items.

i used a clean frsh copy of a2 including the patch. ist that just flaws in your mod, MaP, or what went wrong?

jenny

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Does anyone ever read ANYTHING thats previously posted?? I'm beginning to wonder.

The research has been removed from the AI simply because its not needed. It creates undeeded resource usage which the AI can put to better use. The AI uses special weapons even if they've been researched or not anyway. Secondly, I'm fully aware of the AI problems (several of which have been sorted and also two problems have been posted about in this thread.

With regards to the research. Your statement concerning not building anything is flawed. I've gone through ALL the races and although the romulan research tree does take longer than the others they are still ALL buildable. The repair vessels have been checked and sorted.

Anyway, I would appreciate people reading BEFORE posting in future.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Right then. I'm going to say this once and once only.

If you plan to report an error READ THE FORUM THREAD FIRST. Secondly, and this is for those that state such things as "its not working", or " it crashes". I need information. Such things as what races are being used, how many, what map is being played, what resources settings the game is set to, did the map load fully, what was being built at the time (if possible), and any other relavent information that will help me.

If I see any more poorly posted replies I just won't bother with them. I dont' have time to try to piece together someone elses bad post.

Now, I realise that this thread is insulting, unfair, and downright rude, but I've seen no less than 6 replies both here and on A2files.com forum that are stating previously posted items and I'm getting sick to death of it. The sooner I get everything sorted, the sooner I can get this dam mod finished with. Its at times like these that I dont' see why I should have stated about even doing the mod. I think I won't bother releasing anything further. Perhaps that'll teach people to carry out a simple request.

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:08 pm

no offence intended map , but if you feel like this you should take a short break :wink: .

as for my last post in this topic i stated that i played a game using the feds and another game as the borg , but after researching everything i still had no special weapons on any ship (still greyed out) , but i did not mention is i played standard tech 8O

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:59 pm

None taken USS_Capital. With the Federation side there is three research stations. You'll need to construct this one to research the weapons systems.

score1_uk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by score1_uk » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:49 pm

Just a quick 1, whats the fix for the repair ships?? please list if its just a odf thing..... If not, ill just wait for a patch.......

Kev...

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:03 pm

That post was not rude at all. I completely understand the wanting to fix something but not given the proper information of what is going wrong. I was kinda out of it when I make my last post.

As far as the information of the game. I played as the Federation. I played against a random easy AI. Each game it randomly chose the Klingons. That is about the only consistant thing about each game. I had it crash on me 20 seconds after opening the map up. In another game it allowed me to build every station, research everything, and I even had built a colony ship to send to a planet. I had also started build a defiant class before it stopped working. I am unsure if the Klingon AI does anything that could cause it. And I am 80% certain that it is not my system. It was an e-machine at one time. So, there is always a small chance it is the system. I thought at first that it might be the graphics setting on the game. I put it at the lowest possible graphics settings and it seemed to crash sooner then before. I am sorry if this is not the detail you wanted but this is all I can remember right now. I hope it helps. I will try to use different races and see if it holds up. I will continue to play with it and see if it is just when playing those races or if it is something else. I will let you know more when I have it. Once again, I hope this helps.

Hammer
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Hammer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:22 pm

Well I've played the game and it hasn't crashed on me. If it does i well post what was being built and what races i used and what tech was recerched.
They say im crazy. Well i tell them if you think im crazy just look at my family there CRAZY!!!

KaBoom1701
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by KaBoom1701 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:49 am

Hey MAP,

Why did you remove the third and fourth #'s from the AIP's?

In A2 the AIP's use those numbers to help the AI progress in tech levels. Could this be causing some of the AI problems?

Just wondering?

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:14 am

i just played the klinks besides the errors reported earlier thats all i found

i also found a error in the pic on the loading screem the soveriegns registry is backwards lol

im gonna try the rommies in a little bit :)