Modern Space Combat - [IMAGE HEAVY]

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Modern Space Combat - [IMAGE HEAVY]

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Euro-Russian Confederation Minsk class carrier

Considering Earth's first contact two years ago, every space forces branch of the different Earth confederations, empires and dominions maintained a military build-up and the
Euro-Russian Confederation, the fomer European Union and the CIS nations, were in the need of a state of the art carrier, capable of supporting fleet operations, blockades (or quarantines...) and command ship roles. As response to the call of the Euro-Russian government, the Kalinin-Thyssen construction bureau presented the plans for the Minsk class. This carrier was larger than any Earth ship built before and maybe could even counter the recent contacted Trimarii.
The Minsk carries about 250 fighters and even more in war conditions and is more than able to defend itself from other warships. The crew consists of 2000 men and women and under wartime conditions about 3200 officers and enlisted serve aboard the Minsk.
Lead ship of this class was the ERSS Kiev CVS-43 and rolled off the production line in 2119 and successfully took part in the blockade of the rogue colony on Charon.
Though the Trimarii did not present a direct danger, the Euro-Russian Confederation, together with the allied North American Alliance, moved in on strategic positions around the Trimarii colony in the Tau Ceti system. The Trimarii have not yet reacted on the large number of warships armed to the teeth around their colony, or haven't yet found it out.

(Stock Sovereign for comparison)

The American counterpart will follow, together with a Euro-Russian battleship (with a similar design to the carrier.)
Last edited by EAS_Intrepid on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

That is very cool. I like the industrial look personally in some ships.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Thanks.
Is somebody really good at texturing and could texture the ship(s) for me?
It has begun...
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

The Euro-Russian Confed. Battleship, calles Moskwa class.
Armed to the teeth but slow and needs Anti-fighter protection.

Some other images:

Space Russians

The North American Alliance Saturn class missile cruiser

BTW: I made some own textures.
It has begun...
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

Do those turrets rotate? Its just personally, turreted ships do not fit so well with Armada. I would replace them with some kind of multi-directional looking mount, so that fire can come out of it from many angles without looking odd.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to
S618-18741
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by S618-18741 »

As long as the firing arc of the weapons is fixed then there will be no problem with the turrets only facing forward, Otherwise it would be a good idea to change them to a type of weapon with a wider arc.
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

Even then in my experience as a modder the weapon does not work ideally. The ship may fire before it turns toward the enemy for instance, and it does not correct the vertical varying of the shots fired I notice.
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

I like the ships. Not sure if the turrets would work or not but I still think they look cool. Keep up the good work.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Turreted weapons do not work as they should because hardpoints cannot be animated.
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

No they do not rotate and no I won't replace them, because it simply looks mighty intimidating!! So it will only fire to the front or I make a version with rotated turrets, but it will look strange... :?

I am glad that you like my work. :D
It has begun...
Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 »

I agree. There is nothing more intimidating then a ship with lots of weapon points on it. Even when you know it only has enough rounds to fire each weapon once or twice. It still makes you think twice about going up against it. :twisted: :twisted:
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.
Thun
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thun »

Is it a possibility to have some turrets shoot directly to starboard, some straight to port, and the the rest fire forward? - Just wondering
I am always in need of help.
DIE INSECT!!! *squish* Where were we?
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

No the ship AI will make it point all its guns at it as best it can so it will look wierd or confused. Also I can only hope the guns work well.

I have not seen a ship with gun barrels and a limited firing arc work yet in Armada so I wish you luck.
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Like this one?

Pjotr Velikin class cruiser

I actually have also my concerns about that.

Try this one: Little animation I recently made in my spare time. You need the BINK-Player to play it. (D/load here at AFC under tools, I think)

A little .bik-animation
It has begun...
blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 »

Nice work there m8